Prices for Zero Turn Mowers

/ Prices for Zero Turn Mowers #11  
I have those 2800 hydros on m bunton and they work fine..what is the issue with them? I know the difference in it and wheel motors..Just wondering what is the issue with the Hydro gear units..

thanks in advance.

/ Prices for Zero Turn Mowers
I have those 2800 hydros on m bunton and they work fine..what is the issue with them? I know the difference in it and wheel motors..Just wondering what is the issue with the Hydro gear units..

thanks in advance.

There probably isn't any issue with them. However, there is also probably a reason why the higher level John Deere residential mowers are offered with the Kanzaki DUP in lieu of the hydro gear 2800.

I am sure the hydro gear 2800 will work just fine for a long time. Look at me, now I am ryhming.

/ Prices for Zero Turn Mowers #13  
With separate pumps and wheel motors you can replace one that fails, with the single piece you are looking at one large expensive piece I beleive. Most all if not all the commercial duty ZTR I have seen have them separate.

The pumps and motors are roughly $4-500 each and I have to believe the single units are close to $1000 if not more.

I know on the Cub forum some of the single all in one units (not sure the brand) were failing at 2-300 hours or so and are $$ to replace.

I agree there is a reason for separating these components - sort of best of breed components for the job maybe? Other aspects Heat, Serviceability, adjustments, tuning, with the separate units you can use one pump and different motors depending on the size of the unit - more flexibility.

With separate pumps and wheel motors you can replace one that fails, with the single piece you are looking at one large expensive piece I beleive. Most all if not all the commercial duty ZTR I have seen have them separate.

The pumps and motors are roughly $4-500 each and I have to believe the single units are close to $1000 if not more.

I know on the Cub forum some of the single all in one units (not sure the brand) were failing at 2-300 hours or so and are $$ to replace.

I agree there is a reason for separating these components - sort of best of breed components for the job maybe? Other aspects Heat, Serviceability, adjustments, tuning, with the separate units you can use one pump and different motors depending on the size of the unit - more flexibility.

If anything on my mower fails after 200 to 300 hours, I will not be a happy man. I am a stickler for maintenance and reflect on longevity and ease of use/maintenance of a product when I think about how good my purchase was.

I am also hoping that it takes me 20 years to get 200 to 300 hours on this mower, but who knows.

/ Prices for Zero Turn Mowers #15  
the Hydro Gear units are made close to where I live..The seperate units are better I agree and the Cub Cadet models in question that bail in 2-300 does not have filter and other updates.

/ Prices for Zero Turn Mowers #16  
the Hydro Gear units are made close to where I live..The seperate units are better I agree and the Cub Cadet models in question that bail in 2-300 does not have filter and other updates.

The Cubs that are having problems are using the EZT model Hydro-Gear on the large HP and 50" decks - way under spec for that kind of usage.

The ZT2800 is still a commercial rated trans and will be fine even in a large residential application.

The dealer got the mower in yesterday and I went to look at it and pay for it today. Got to play around a little on it at the dealership. Man, this thing is going to make mowing the grass a heck of a lot easier than it was when I mowed my parents 2/3 acre lawn with a self propelled push mower. It is just insane to think that ride on mowers are like this nowadays, but it is a good insanity because I don't get too excited about mowing the lawn. For me, mowing the lawn is just above getting a cavity filled. It is a necessary evil.

Looked under the seat and it is indeed the Kanzaki DUP with the Parker wheel motors, and the Kawazaki engine on the rear. They are delivering it Wednesday morning and I will post some pics when I get it here.

/ Prices for Zero Turn Mowers #18  
Excellent - glad you got exactly what you wanted - I bet you were grinning ear to ear when driving it the first time. It makes mowing fun again..

It does take some time to master the turning with out divots but you will get used to this and enjoy your new machine I am sure.

Do post some pics..

Excellent - glad you got exactly what you wanted - I bet you were grinning ear to ear when driving it the first time. It makes mowing fun again..

It does take some time to master the turning with out divots but you will get used to this and enjoy your new machine I am sure.

Do post some pics..

Mowing will be fun for all of the first year, maybe. Kind of like saying that getting a new car makes it fun to drive in traffic again. The mower just makes doing the chore a lot easier and a lot quicker so I can get back to the things I really enjoy, like my wife & kids, hunting, shooting, fishing, and cycling. I get some enjoyment in working on the house and the cars and equipment, but more so from the wife, kids, hunting, shooting, fishing, and cycling, and BSing with friends and on chatboards versus what I get from maintaining/remodeling the house and maintaining/fixing the vehicles and equipment. Luckily, I don't completely hate the latter.

With all that said, I sure was smiling when I got to ride the mower.

/ Prices for Zero Turn Mowers #20  
anyone bought a 920 z track lately ? what can i expect to pay ? 54" deck 26hp kawasaki
thanks