Pricing on turf tires

/ Pricing on turf tires #1  

Axeman

Tractor
GC2300
My wife is getting pretty unhappy about the ruts being created around our house by the agro tires on my MF-2300. I told her that I could probably go to Les Schwab and get a set of turf tires for the tractor but I have no idea what they would cost. Any rough ideas on the price of new front and rear turf tires for a MF-2300? Any other suggestions to get her off my case? I told her that it's really going to show up worse right now with the ground being constantly wet and muddy but that didn't go over too well. Buying a new set of tires probably won't go over too well either. I think it looks fine to have tractor tracks all over the place but she's not too impressed. Anyway, I told her I would look into it.

/ Pricing on turf tires #2  
Be ready for some sticker shock. You might try some of the online tractor tire stores. I picked up 9.5x16 lug tires for my fronts. They were $210 each for an off brand. Then they put in tubes which was weird because they could be tubeless at $25 each.
I had the same problem though with the soft ground and lug tires leaving their impression in the lawn. I forgot to add that the salesman at Les Schwab said the prices were going up about 7% right before I ordered my tires.. You know to pay for all of that expensive oil we are being gouged for.

/ Pricing on turf tires #3  
I try to stay off the "lawn" during "Mud Season". SWMBO gets a little feisty :eek:, :mad:, and :( when I start to rut things up. Jay

/ Pricing on turf tires #4  
Luckily, the smaller tires on the sub cuts are much less expensive than larger tires. I've seen numbers like $400, or less for a set, but don't quote me on that since I haven't checked myself. You might be able to arrange a swap with your dealer, or something too.

/ Pricing on turf tires #5  
I haven't had to replace mine yet. If you buy any, make sure they're good, heavy duty ones like the Titans on my JD. They're showing no wear after 3 1/2 years and near 250 hours.

By comparison, I bought some tires for my Gravely at a local place here, and they were very light weight and got thorns in them quite easily.

Have only had one of the fronts come off the rim. Immediately reinflated it and put slime in both of them. Absolutely no tire trouble since then. Keep them all 4 inflated to about 23 psi.

Ralph

/ Pricing on turf tires #6  
On seattle.craigslist.org there are two complete sets of turf tires (front and rear) with rims that might work for you. Under farm and garden listing and search for turf tires. One is six bolt rims, the other is eight bolt rims. $360-$400 on the complete sets

/ Pricing on turf tires #7  
Axeman you might even consider seeing if someone wants to swap tires or you can list your tires on Craigslist if you don't think you will need the aggresive tread tires.

/ Pricing on turf tires #8  
Axeman said:
My wife is getting pretty unhappy about the ruts being created around our house by the agro tires on my MF-2300. I told her that I could probably go to Les Schwab and get a set of turf tires for the tractor but I have no idea what they would cost. Any rough ideas on the price of new front and rear turf tires for a MF-2300? Any other suggestions to get her off my case? I told her that it's really going to show up worse right now with the ground being constantly wet and muddy but that didn't go over too well. Buying a new set of tires probably won't go over too well either. I think it looks fine to have tractor tracks all over the place but she's not too impressed. Anyway, I told her I would look into it.

Another thiing to remember is that in most if not all cases you will require new rims for your turf tires. Just be glad it is a small atractor.

Andy

/ Pricing on turf tires #9  
I considered two sets of tires and wheels when I purchased my 2310. I think I was quoted around $500 for the second set. I chose to get the turfs only, and have not regretted it.