Prince PTO pump questions

/ Prince PTO pump questions #1  

glmf

Silver Member
Tractor
CK20HST
I have a prince 22gpm hydraulic pto pump and a 21 hp tractor. From what I can tell, my tractor doesn't have the hp to work the pump under load. Any ideas as to a way to make this work. Or does somebody have the 11gpm pump they might be willing to trade,,,,thanks

/ Prince PTO pump questions #2  
The pump will work, just not at full capacity when under a load. I run one on my 55 hp Kubota for my woodsplitter. I have run it on a Ford 8n (20 hp or so) and it did ok. Depends on what you plan to run.

/ Prince PTO pump questions
Thanks for the reply atgreene, I also will be running a woodsplitter with the pump. I just worry that a tough piece of wood will stall the motor. Looking at the Prince website, the only difference between the 11gpm and 22gpm pumps are the width of the center body and the two gears. I have the capability to machine these parts down to the smaller width very easily. But will keep my options open for now. Thanks again

/ Prince PTO pump questions #4  
If you have access to a machine shop (and it sounds like you do), why not make a speed increaser and use a small, inexpensive two stage pump? Two stage pump is the way to go if you can get pto rpm up to 3600 or so.

cp1069, the thing is, I already have the prince pump, and the splitter needs to work on two tractors. By looking at the Prince diagrams, milling the body narrower and shortening up the two gears looks like a piece of cake,,so unless I can come up with somebody who has the smaller pump and wants to trade, thats the way I will probably go. Your idea is food for thought, as if I didn't have the pump, I would certainly consider it. Thanks for the relpy

/ Prince PTO pump questions #6  
Looks like that pump req. about 32 HP at 2000psi full flow. I'd call tech support and ask. They might trade you the parts or at least tell you some things to look out for. Ive got a brand new pump but it's 21 GPM also.

/ Prince PTO pump questions #7  
I have been looking at some of the prince pumps. I like the 21 GPM and have a L3400HST tractor. I am thinking I will be fine. I need 14-17 GPM not to exceed 3000psi. If you would like to sell your pumps let me know I may be interested.

Tom
662-671-9596
tcates1@comcast.net

Skycop, don't want to sell, but willing to trade. So if you run across the 11gpm, let me know ,,,

/ Prince PTO pump questions #10  
glmf said:
Skycop, don't want to sell, but willing to trade. So if you run across the 11gpm, let me know ,,,

I have a 11GPM prince pump new in a box. I would love to trade. Concord, NH
send me a PM.

-Design