Private Drive Sign

/ Private Drive Sign #11  
We picked up a Mule Gate from the local feed store. Nobody gets in that doesn't have the code. Works just fine for us. :)7

/ Private Drive Sign #14  
Sign will help,I found out sign just keeps the honest people honest,but if you have one of these bugger patroling your land not even UPS/FedEx will come up our driveway.

Annie on patrol.

Attachments

• Annie 4.jpg
    Annie 4.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 525
   / Private Drive Sign #16  
I guess that is one of the perks of living remote, on the rare occasion someone I don't know shows up in my cove I invite them in for a cup of coffee. Never thought about posting it or running people off.
Rick

First off, I agree with you. But I do have to laugh. I don't think I have ever seen so many "death threat no trespassing signs" than when I was in Alaska:laughing:

Bet if you took away the pillars and lions and put some wrecked cars, junk appliances and a couple lazy boys by a fire pit no one would stop by!
You forgot about the large TV dish sitting next tot the single wide:D

Honestly, I could never figure out why a property that looked like the last place you'd ever want to be would have so many "no trespassing" signs up.

The critters even know my routine such that they don't bark when I leave or come back after a mission.
Anytime we came back from a mission, we flew back onto base:thumbsup:

Personally, I don't think any type of sign will stop people from ignorance, and if anything, if they have intent, certain signs may prepare them if anything else. Then again, perhaps people have lost respect for each other.

Last edited:
   / Private Drive Sign #17  
I found no sign that works. The closed gate does though...

/ Private Drive Sign #19  
How about

"EXIT ONLY - DO NOT BACK UP - SEVERE TIRE DAMAGE"

I know - it's just a threat but it might catch a few people's attention.

/ Private Drive Sign #20  
I have a length of 3/8" chain across my road ... plenty shiny and easy to see. Stops cars/atv/snowmobiles ... but does not stop hikers. Heck they hop gates. It's not a huge issue so long as they don't make a mess/steal things or pester the animals.

People come up to the house every other week, mostly looking for directions to this town or that, rest of the time they are wondering if I'd seen the neighbour that day.

I post signs at all entrances for a CYA, that way if they get hurt/killed/lost etc, can't very well sue me when they were clearly trespassing.