Private messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Private messaging #1  

JDgreen227

Tractor
4210 MFWD Ehydro--'89 JD 318
Just curious...how often do you send a PM to another member here and when you do, what's your reason? As for me, I normally only send perhaps four or five a month at most, and the main reason I do so is to compliment another member on a well written post, or thank them for taking the time to help me with an issue or clarify something I created a thread about. To my best knowledge I have NEVER sent a PM to another member here that was critical and/or demeaning, and I don't recall ever getting one myself.

/ Private messaging #2  
Now and than sending to old TBN timers see how life treating them...personal level.

/ Private messaging #3  
To my best knowledge I have NEVER sent a PM to another member here that was critical and/or demeaning, and I don't recall ever getting one myself.

Do people really do this? I haven't gotten one yet, should I feel left out? Seems kind of juvenile to me.

I have probably sent 2 and I can't remember what they were about. I probably should do it more, as I have a tendency to hijack threads a little sometimes. I have received a few, one member in particular here does it often, usually having to do with vehicles.

/ Private messaging #4  
I have sent and rec'd a few PM's. Usually its when contacting other local members with a question, answer or a personal chat or to a local dealer for parts and pricing.

/ Private messaging #5  
mostly, thank you's and good job's, granted internet is not personal, but PM's about as close as you can get, beyond calling / meeting someone in person, and saying "thank you" and shaking there hand.

maybe 20 one month, and then none for another 4 to 5 months, then a few more. just almost random, when it seems a little bit more than norm was done.

=========
mikehaugen, *yikes* get on some forums, and it is a nightmare of folks fighting. moderators, do a huge amount of work, to try and curve things and keep peace. and keep a family friendly kids atmosphere type of thing within reason of course.

/ Private messaging #6  
Do people really do this?

PM's can be used in many different ways, and unfortunately not all of them are good. Some people are very different in private than they *appear* to be in public. :2cents:

/ Private messaging #7  
Just curious...how often do you send a PM to another member here and when you do, what's your reason? As for me, I normally only send perhaps four or five a month at most, and the main reason I do so is to compliment another member on a well written post, or thank them for taking the time to help me with an issue or clarify something I created a thread about. To my best knowledge I have NEVER sent a PM to another member here that was critical and/or demeaning, and I don't recall ever getting one myself.

i guess i get ( and thus usually reply ) to about 3-8 per week. sometimes more.. sometimes less.

generally a ford question.. though occasionally a lovely letter telling me i'm a 'donkey' :)

/ Private messaging #8  
i guess i get ( and thus usually reply ) to about 3-8 per week. sometimes more.. sometimes less.

generally a ford question.. though occasionally a lovely letter telling me i'm a 'donkey' :)

Hee Haw!!! :laughing:

/ Private messaging #9  
they use a shorter word for donkey usually. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.