problem reporting spam

/ problem reporting spam #11  
Or automatic removal if several high post members report it?

/ problem reporting spam #12  
Too many source IPs to play wack a mole by banning IPs.
It looks like it has improved, there have only been 2 spam posts in the 22 hours since Muhammad made the last change...
::knocks on wood::

Aaron Z

/ problem reporting spam
Well hopefully that worked.

BUT - I had gotten "burned out" reporting these. If whoever kills the spam thread could just AUTOMATICALLY send a PM to the effect - Thanks - it would help. However with no feedback I sometimes just skip them and don't report.

Perhaps TBN could start a contest - something like whoever reports the most spam in a week gets a new M6 or a TBN hat :)

/ problem reporting spam #14  
I reported both of those and a few others. I don't need feedback or thank you. I just want them to be dealt with and I assume they are.

/ problem reporting spam #17  
LOL.... I was reporting them too. Maybe the moderator got overwhelmed. :)

/ problem reporting spam #18  
The moderators see all of the reported posts. All moderators are sent an email when a post is reported and it starts a thread in the moderators forum (one thread per reported post, with "replies" each time someone else reports it) so it can be marked as taken care of (or debated if its a grey area).
Adding a PM isn't likely to happen (especially if spam ramps back up) unless it is automated as it would be a lot more work to do that.
As for the delay in replies, it depends on who is on (from a computer as it doesn't work well to remove spammers from a phone) and has time.
I think the record response time is under 1 minute, but it can be several hours if everyone is busy tractoring.

Aaron Z.

/ problem reporting spam
The moderators see all of the reported posts. All moderators are sent an email when a post is reported and it starts a thread in the moderators forum (one thread per reported post, with "replies" each time someone else reports it) so it can be marked as taken care of (or debated if its a grey area).
Adding a PM isn't likely to happen (especially if spam ramps back up) unless it is automated as it would be a lot more work to do that.
As for the delay in replies, it depends on who is on (from a computer as it doesn't work well to remove spammers from a phone) and has time.
I think the record response time is under 1 minute, but it can be several hours if everyone is busy tractoring.

Aaron Z.
Thanks for the info Aaron.

When I mentioned a PM reply I meant automated after the first mod had seen it.

I used to like spam. When I was in the Army and got it in my C-rats along with cigarettes. But I stopped smoking, salt is bad and spam is bad also :)

If you (mods) can think of a better way for us to flag what we perceive as spam let us know.

I just started this thread because of the inability to report the second spam.

/ problem reporting spam #20  
IMO the best way to deal with the spam posts is to learn to discern and ignore them...
The only reason that spam appears is because it works...at least to some degree...

Having to open a post to report it defeats the purpose IMO...