Grading Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on.
Thanks Radioman,

For his first post as anew memeber I thought he was way over the top and out of line, but didn't want to be the first to say it.

Anyhow some good humor has come out of it,...

Keep on tractoring!!!;)

FF

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #22  
I will jump on with Ron being over the top.

However, having said that, please add some secure place to fasten your safety chain. It would be a pitty of that trailer jumped off the ball and got away from you & your tractor.

I have trailer balls on several implements, but I always have a place to hook up the safety chains. That's why they call it an accident.

Nice looking weld. I know you will use it a lot - I use mine all the time.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #23  
I will jump on with Ron being over the top.
I agree, it appears (from looking at the site) that the problem is not trailers, but idiots who are not using common sense. Said people should be persecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and stopped when observed to be breaking siad law, the hayride on the site for example, the person didnt have any lights, reflectors or a chase car when running a hayride down a road. Dumb. When I have done hayrides in the past IF we went on the road, there was a strobe on the tractor, lights (flashers and headlights) on the tractor AND a chase car, in addition, there was a safety chain going from the trailer to the tractor, and 2 SMV signs on the trailer. If someone were to hit that, they should have their eyes checked.

However, having said that, please add some secure place to fasten your safety chain. It would be a pitty of that trailer jumped off the ball and got away from you & your tractor.

I have trailer balls on several implements, but I always have a place to hook up the safety chains. That's why they call it an accident.
it looks like he could hook his chains up to the RH hole to put the pin to angle the blade in, plenty heavy and very convenient.

Aaron Z

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #24  
Firefighter - have to say kudos to your idea and solution

As far as the other guy - wow! I blew it off at first but read his bio on the site he linked. He hit a "see through" trailer and it is the trailers fault? Jeesh! Just cause it doesn't register in the person's mind doesn't it make it unsafe. One needs to pay attention when driving. One of the reasons I stopped riding motorcyles - got hit standing still twice because the driver didn't see me - somehow bikes don't register as a vehicular obstacle in some peoples mind - guess it's the bikers fault.

I agree there are unsafe haulers out there and they should be penalized - drive my wife nuts commenting when I see it - mainly because of all of the safety measures I've learned here.

Guess everyone needs a hobby - glad mine is tractors, chainsaws, welders, torches and all the other safe stuff... Now I just need to come up with a crusade....:D

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #25  
Maybe he got in a trailer accident?

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #26  
One needs to pay attention
Well, he's proven at least twice, that he doesn't.
Once, when he had an at-fault accident, and twice when jumped in here with no clue.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #27  
Well, gawd bless America. Where else can you drive down the road, NOT paying attention................ rear-end someone in front of you, then go on a crusade because it was an inanimate trailer's fault ! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #28  
I read Ron's bio. Seems like he has done everything except admit his mistake. Just because you call something "see through" doesn't make it hard to see. Safe driving takes concentration, not excuses and denial. I fear he is doomed to repeat his driving mistakes. Trolling TBN has not made the world a safer place.

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on. #29  
LOL, looks like we all gotten a good chuckle out of this one, I know I am. :p

Now on the serious,kidding side, maybe firefighter can come over to my house and weld on a flat bar for a pin connection for small trailer and trailer ball for a case of free beer. :D

/ Problem Solved, Moving the trailer with grader blade on.
LOL, looks like we all gotten a good chuckle out of this one, I know I am. :p

Now on the serious,kidding side, maybe firefighter can come over to my house and weld on a flat bar for a pin connection for small trailer and trailer ball for a case of free beer. :D

Did I hear beer?:) What are you offering?

Can I tow my trailer over....with my unchained tractor of course?

I'm sorry to say, I will have to decline the beer for weld, as I think NY is just a bit too far...But if I plan a trip that way, I'll pack my welder, and let you know. Ehh. :D