Problem with loader valve on my tractor

/ Problem with loader valve on my tractor #1  

travlitt

Platinum Member
Tractor
8050C Branson, Branson 2400, 8N Ford, Round Fender John Deere 110, 3 60" ZTR mowers, a bunch of ride on mowers, 8' Brush hog , 15' Bat wing
I was moving and spreading dirt with my 8050 Branson tractor (400 hrs.) and the joy stick "locked up" on the "up & down" part of the control. While trying to move the joy stick, the cable broke.
A new cable was installed and still does not work.

Upon further investigation it was determined that the spool had traveled to for out in the "down" travel and was stuck in this position. We could not force the spool to return back into the valve.

New valve ordered. After the new valve is installed under warranty, the dealer and I will open up the valve and try to see what caused this failure.
The spool is so for out that the oil is circulating so the pump is not dead-heading.The dump circuit works as it should.

What do you'll think happened inside of the valve?

I will post a follow up when we find the problem.

Last edited:
   / Problem with loader valve on my tractor #2  
Sounds like the valve is stuck in the detent position for float. Possible the detent is full of crud or rusty if you haven't used it for awhile.

/ Problem with loader valve on my tractor #3  
I would also guess detent. Seems like a dealer would check that since it's not that difficult to access. But, I guess a dealer doesn't make money by giving advice....

/ Problem with loader valve on my tractor #4  
sounds like the threaded screw under the spring cap (sockethead cap screw?) loosened and backed out allowing the spool to hyperextend a smidge enough to jam the oring seal or washer.......may be just a quicky fix

/ Problem with loader valve on my tractor
sounds like the threaded screw under the spring cap (sockethead cap screw?) loosened and backed out allowing the spool to hyperextend a smidge enough to jam the oring seal or washer.......may be just a quicky fix

That is more my way of thinking the problem is. I am sure there is no crud in my hydraulic system. At least my dealer will install a new valve then see about what is wrong with this valve.

/ Problem with loader valve on my tractor #6  
That is more my way of thinking the problem is. I am sure there is no crud in my hydraulic system.

The detent mechanism is NOT immersed in the hydraulic fluid. It is external to the valve and depending on the design and mounting location semi-exposed to the elements. The detent is located under the cover on the end of the spool. If it has the threaded spring retainer that is a possibility.

I presume this is a warranty repair.

The detent mechanism is NOT immersed in the hydraulic fluid. It is external to the valve and depending on the design and mounting location semi-exposed to the elements. The detent is located under the cover on the end of the spool. If it has the threaded spring retainer that is a possibility.

I presume this is a warranty repair.

Yes, it is warranty repair.

/ Problem with loader valve on my tractor #8  
Repair under warranty.....let them do what they want. But agree, you probably just have a detent hosed up

You are correct. The little balls let loose and allowed it to travel to for and jammed the spool.

/ Problem with loader valve on my tractor #10  
Looking forward to seeing how the dealer handles this one. My luck it wouldn't be covered and I'd end up buying a overpriced valve as well as labor when in the end it was a few dollar part that could have been fixed in 15 minutes.