problem with paper shredder

/ problem with paper shredder #21  
Ummm - This thread was started 6 years ago, but I'll add to it.

I use a cross cut shredder (Executive Machines 15 sheet crosscut) to handle daily stuff, not sure of the size but is the smallest I could get and is more than 10 years old. I've burned stuff before, but the ash is still readable until it gets mashed or stirred up into small pieces.

/ problem with paper shredder #22  
I saw a thread about a year ago and one of the respondents mentioned lube sheets for shredders. I had never heard of such a thing so I asked the wife about them and she hadn't either but she looked into it and bought a package of them. They seem to have made our machine run smoother and quieter. I was pretty sure I saw that on TBN and thought this was the thread but apparently not.

/ problem with paper shredder #23  
I use a Fellowes paper shredder from Walmart, and I also use Fellowes Performance Oil periodically. I just pour a line of the oil across a sheet of paper, then run that paper through the shredder. I don't think I've ever heard of lube sheets for shredders before.

/ problem with paper shredder #24  
They are just smaller than printer paper sheets that have been impregnated with some kind of oil that you run through from time to time. I think your method is most likely better and a lot cheaper.