Oil & Fuel Problems with diesel fuel in crankcase oil - 4320

/ Problems with diesel fuel in crankcase oil - 4320
In my case, the symptom was the crankcase oil filling up. I had to drain ~2 qts out the other day to get it back to normal. The oil also smells like diesel and is thin. The coolant is at the proper level...

/ Problems with diesel fuel in crankcase oil - 4320 #12  
Thanks everyone for the reply and the reassurance!! I've put 10 hours on her, and she hasn't missed a beat, what a great little machine!!!

/ Problems with diesel fuel in crankcase oil - 4320 #13  
Ok, I'm not a diesel mechanic but I'm stubborn enough to tackle my own problems when they crop up --- (wife says it ain't stubborn.... it's stupid. Can't spell, either...)

So, what's the "lift pump"? Is that something that is on the newer generation of diesels or a component to the Stanadyne fuel system?

Thanks.

AKfish

/ Problems with diesel fuel in crankcase oil - 4320 #14  
I would think that if they have already replaced the lift pump, it (the replacement pump) should still be in warranty.

/ Problems with diesel fuel in crankcase oil - 4320 #15  
AKfish said:
So, what's the "lift pump"? Is that something that is on the newer generation of diesels or a component to the Stanadyne fuel system?

Thanks.

AKfish

It's the mechanical fuel pump that delivers fuel to the injection pump.

/ Problems with diesel fuel in crankcase oil - 4320 #16  
The lift pump "lifts" the fuel from the fuel tank and supplies low pressure fuel to the fuel injection pump which supplies high pressure fuel to the injectors.

/ Problems with diesel fuel in crankcase oil - 4320 #17  
Appreciate the information. Thanks.

/ Problems with diesel fuel in crankcase oil - 4320 #18  
Hello:
I am dealing with issues with fuel in crank (1958 851 ford diesel,172ci).
- removed injection pump waiting for seal kit(seals do not look deteriorated but will replace with new when they arrive.
- removed injectors found that in order to test you need a tester( built one out of a Hein-werner mod fp-10).

Spec; pop @ 2750psi +- 50, .5" dia fuel spot when held @ 2600psi for 1min, drop from 2200 psi to 1500psi between 6 & 40 sec's.
What I found:
#1 popped @ 2200 psi w/constant drip
#2 popped @ 2400 psi w/dripping
#4 popped @ 2300 psi w/dripping
#3 popped @ 2500 psi w/dripping

solution disassemble clean and recalibrate.
:cool2:

/ Problems with diesel fuel in crankcase oil - 4320 #19  
Welcome to TBN! If you don't get an answer from this forum ''this is the John Deere forum'' click on ''forum'' at the top of the page, you will see a Ford forum and also a vintage forum. Good luck!

Edit: Sorry I just reread your post and notice you have found your problem and was just giving the info. :thumbsup: