Problems with no ethanol gas

/ Problems with no ethanol gas #31  
Should have said, it only takes a dab for a small engine:thumbsup:

/ Problems with no ethanol gas #32  
Going back to the OP; you never know when the Non-Ethanol station receives a delivery of fuel contaminated with ethanol. Unless the delivery vehicle is dedicated to just the non-ethanol product it will transport fuel containing ethanol. Fuel delivery drivers sometimes return with a 'heel' of product from the previous delivery. The companies sharing a pipeline terminal will swap product for a variety of reasons. Some 'name' brands will purchase cheaper product or a different product to get around allowances. His distributor may be saying it's non-ethanol but there could be some in the woodpile.

/ Problems with no ethanol gas #33  
About the marine stabil, my Kubota dealer told me yesterday that the blue stuff is formulated for use with ethanol gas and the red stuff is not. Can't say whether that's true or not.

If you have a local airport, you may be able to get avgas which is 100 low lead. No ethanol. Depends on how by-the-rulebook they are. Technically, they aren't supposed to sell it to you unless you're putting it in an airplane. I'm told that it's formulated for long term storage since small private planes aren't run every day, or every week even and may sit for long periods. I used to get it for my chainsaws which are a bit souped up. I just went to the pump out on the field, swiped my card, punched the tail number of the nearest plane in and filled my cans.

Ian

/ Problems with no ethanol gas #34  
About the marine stabil, my Kubota dealer told me yesterday that the blue stuff is formulated for use with ethanol gas and the red stuff is not. Can't say whether that's true or not.

Don't know anything about the marine stuff, but my regular old bottle of red Sta-Bil says on the label "Use in gasoline, gasoline/oil mixes, ethanol blends."

/ Problems with no ethanol gas #35  
Don't know anything about the marine stuff, but my regular old bottle of red Sta-Bil says on the label "Use in gasoline, gasoline/oil mixes, ethanol blends."

From their website:

"Q: Is STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer safe to use in all gasoline, including gasoline/oil mixtures and ethanol blends (including gasoline containing ethanol)?
A: Yes, STA-BIL is safe to use in all types of gasoline, including those blends containing up to 10% ethanol."

I think the different colors are just for different markets.