Project Clark forklift

/ Project Clark forklift
Ya I'm not sure. Years of grinding on hard surfaces did them in. I straightened out the tabs on the one to the left tonight. Off to the scrap yard tomorrow for some plate

/ Project Clark forklift
Patches cut and fit, nice patina match!
7132BC29-B6E5-40D0-9692-6CF55F6BD3E4_zpsqggy3t3o.jpg

Welded
E1A026DD-0527-417B-9193-0FBD5B8A0805_zpsvfhg0ntx.jpg

Ground smooth
72E30AB9-0EC2-4AD4-8546-F0BFA676187B_zps3gjyj0lk.jpg

Nice increase in length
A1290A66-E722-4A7B-BE32-BEB20DCEB15A_zps1y5tvhox.jpg

98D41B1E-9076-4328-9E4C-687B615FB944_zpslht0dgm3.jpg

/ Project Clark forklift #23  
Looks good, those have the proper taper and everything. Having the extra length comes in handy sometimes, especially on big bulky items like pickup toppers or beds. I picked a whole S-10 Blazer body off the frame without a bit of damage, would have been nearly impossible without the longs.
100_0425.jpg

/ Project Clark forklift
Well u did some nice work on those custom forks!

/ Project Clark forklift
Nice to have the Clark back and the extensions are great. Good to move the crawler out of the scrap pile. Time to pull off the pto from the parts machine and sell the rest
C93DA45B-9725-4031-BC18-76F435D2070C_zpsowvevtnq.jpg

819CD826-BF78-4356-9B9C-779131FEFE9C_zpsnex3m8w0.jpg

/ Project Clark forklift #26  
:thumbsup: Very handy machine.

What model Oliver crawler is that?

/ Project Clark forklift
Oc3
I want the pto off of it. Someone will get some nice tracks and other parts

/ Project Clark forklift
Well I have decided to rescue. First I Fought a husky weedwacker coil issue , got frustrated and moved to the Oliver. Great! No spark either! Condenser is bad, coil windings are testing low imho but I don't have a spec as to what they should be. Gas tank is full of good brazing and bad epoxy repair. Chipped off the old epoxy. I have sealed many with jb weld as a quick repair in the past but on small tanks with less of a pressure head. I may braze. There is no carb so I will have to salvage something. Leak in rear diff. I don't think it leaked before I moved it but it was always on gravel so who knows? I may wish I parted it out!
CB6A7BB0-4D16-4CB8-82C1-C63B2C707FC1_zpsfx09laeu.jpg

903AD94F-D34A-4A04-B45E-138FB5DC6018_zpsqng7vsgo.jpg

/ Project Clark forklift #29  
very few forklift projects out there on forums it seems... just got the OK to save one from the crusher- we had this at work, terrible mechanic they were using was sabotaging trucks, overfilling oil by several quarts so seals would blow, open air intake filter boxes, you name it... anyway, this one stared leaking out the rear main, and it wouldnt pass our safety dept tailpipe sniffer, so they put it in the scrapheap 2 yrs ago... I heard they were going to clear out the old courtyard where we park scrap machinery, went out to take a look... got a bridgeport and leblond lathe that way years ago, just love saving old junk... anyways, this 'gem' is a 1994 model- yeah i gotta pull the motor to fix it, but even at home, shouldnt be a issue, other than room...boss says free- get it outta here, cant pass it up- although free usually gets expensive :) put a new battery/plug wires/cap/rotor/oil/few spings wires/hoses on it and son of a gun, she started :) everything still works, bodywork is actually decent too- should be able to fill/paint/decal to look like new, once the leaks are fixed.KIMG1113.jpg

/ Project Clark forklift #30  
A place that I worked back in the 90's had an old Clark Lift that we were not allowed to use because it smoked and leaked.
I needed to use it often so when the owner wasn't looking I checked it out.
Turned out the crankcase breather was stopped up completely forcing oil out the crank seal and rings.
It stopped leaking and smoking went way down!
A couple months later the owner sold it. :(