Project ideas needed

/ Project ideas needed #1  

swick1

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026R
I had a scag 20hp walk behind mower given to me by my brother in law. It is fully hydrostatic but needs some top end work on the motor. The repair bill was going to be $2000 from the dealer so it wasn't worth fixing for him. I would like to either replace the motor and re-sell it to finance a flat bed project for my truck OR I thought about cutting it up to make a walk behind mini dumper.

I do lots of excavating work with my John Deere 1026r backhoe and it would be nice to have the mini dumper to put spoils in. Most of the jobs I do are in really tight areas. I only hesitate because I might be able to buy a dumper for what I could sell the mower for.

/ Project ideas needed #2  
I think it depends on the overall condition of the machine -- If everything eles is solid, then I'd probably just fix / replace the engine and sell it. If the deck is also trashed / worn out, then I might be inclined to use the hydrostatics out of it for a project like a dump cart.

/ Project ideas needed #3  
I think it depends on the overall condition of the machine -- If everything eles is solid, then I'd probably just fix / replace the engine and sell it. If the deck is also trashed / worn out, then I might be inclined to use the hydrostatics out of it for a project like a dump cart.

I agree. Unless you have a specific project in mind, repower it and sell it.