Project Pics`

/ Project Pics` #1  
Here's a few pics of the rotary cutter I've been working on. It's done pretty well cutting so far...I've been through some 6-8" material a few times pretty easily. Anyway, I thought it turned out ok. Maybe this weekend I can post some pics of a few jobs I did with it.

Attachments

• bobcat pics 001.jpg
    bobcat pics 001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 347
  • bobcat pics 004.jpg
    bobcat pics 004.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 291
  • bobcat pics 007.jpg
    bobcat pics 007.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 260
  • bobcat pics 005.jpg
    bobcat pics 005.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 252
  • bobcat pics 002.jpg
    bobcat pics 002.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 272
   / Project Pics` #2  
Looks good!

Where did you buy all the parts? Motor, bearing block, blades?

/ Project Pics` #3  
You made that?

Looks awesome. Where did you get the hydraulic motor to turn the blades? It sure looks small, but I've never seen one before to compare it too. Do you use normal bush hog type blades on it?

More details please, it's very cool!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie

/ Project Pics`
Appreciate the feedback. I bought the hydraulic motor, blade hub, blades and hoses from a company in Gadsden, Alabama that builds brushmonster. I modeled it after their design. You can check it out at brushmonster.com There is no bearing because it is direct drive...the drive goes straight through the deck where it connects to the blade hub. I managed to build it for half of what a new one cost. Thanks for the feedback.

Bama

/ Project Pics` #5  
How well does this work compared to the mulchers? Just handles small material? Looks like it could be easier and cheaper to maintain than the bigger and more expensive mulchers and could be run on a much smaller Skid Steer? Just some questions I had and this may be more versatile compared to the mulchers as well.

/ Project Pics` #6  
Nice piece!! Do you have any pictures of the bottom of it? What happens when you hit something really hard with the direct drive? Does it stop the machine or is there some kind of relief built in somewhere?

/ Project Pics`
As far as material goes, it will cut 6" material pretty easy. Anything smaller and it just walks straight through it. I usually tilt it down and go over what I cut down a few times to mulch it a little. It's about the next best thing to a mulcher. If you get into something it can't handle it has a relief valve in the drive that kicks it out until you back off of it, then it starts right back up. I'll try to post some picks of some stuff I used it on and the bottom side also.

Bama

/ Project Pics` #8  
Nice work, looks slick and well put together.

Would like to see a bottom shot sometime if possible.