Snow Attachments Pronovost got bored

/ Pronovost got bored
Forgot i mentioned what was up. Houses everywhere. Still got the equipment as it is mine. Sold the 504 rowcrop though. The blower is built well and actually is over the $6k you were guessing. I have about into 8 it. It ix more than other units but once you use it you would understand why. Balanced andsmooth. It would great in your yard if interested. :rolleyes: used or new...if you go with quality as the main concern it will cost less in the long run

/ Pronovost got bored
Jason... with the exchange rate in your favor you should go for it. There is a smaller unit that rotates if needed. I have the hardened shoes. Slides. And ice breaker cutting edges with industrial chute which all brought the cost up

/ Pronovost got bored #13  
Jason... with the exchange rate in your favor you should go for it. There is a smaller unit that rotates if needed. I have the hardened shoes. Slides. And ice breaker cutting edges with industrial chute which all brought the cost up

Sounds like you got a Cadillac for sure!

I was more curious as to the comparison to my factory Kubota (RAD was the OEM) I got. Your Prono is in another league. Much heavier duty. IIRC my Kubota was only like $2000.

/ Pronovost got bored #14  
ericher- it is Canadian.... ..need i say more:cool2:

Sorry but from my vast experience dealing with snow over the last 20yrs of residential snow removal one of 2 things;

1.Your description of the snow is wrong

2. The video attached to the description is wrong

There is NO way that heavy "snowman building" snow would behave like it does in the video...

Powder type maybe as it is churning where the auger impeller meet and a fine mist drifts away when you rotate the impeller housing.

Looks like a great blower/tractor combo; just don't try selling ice/snow to this Canadian!

Sorry if its harsh but true

/ Pronovost got bored
No offence taken
It was not soup or water logged..nor was there ice .but wet enough to stick together nicely and plugged up the walk behind. Like i said- it wasn't a lot- less then a foot and it gave me an excuse to try out the the new flip camera mount

/ Pronovost got bored #16  
I have a stacked-screw Pronovost that I use when faced with 10-ft high snowbanks. I like it a lot but it's too large for normal jobs so it gets bored a lot. Another more futile reason why I don't use it more is that I bought it used from a guy with a Massey rig (huge) and Pronovost blowers can be ordered color-coded to match whatever machine they are to be paired with, and that guy had used that option so the blower is "MF Red" and looks awful on my Deeres... they only like green or yellow. I intend to paint it but wife says "that's a misguided priority and frankly, quite stupid. Who cares what color your machines are" I care :(

/ Pronovost got bored #17  
Forgot i mentioned what was up. Houses everywhere. Still got the equipment as it is mine. Sold the 504 rowcrop though. The blower is built well and actually is over the $6k you were guessing. I have about into 8 it. It ix more than other units but once you use it you would understand why. Balanced andsmooth. It would great in your yard if interested. :rolleyes: used or new...if you go with quality as the main concern it will cost less in the long run

Equipment from Canada has grown horribly expensive over the last decade or so, dealers invoke Canadian $ has a high value. But I agree with you, most snow removal equipment made in Canada is of outstanding quality and worth the extra cash.

/ Pronovost got bored #18  
Equipment from Canada has grown horribly expensive over the last decade or so, dealers invoke Canadian $ has a high value. But I agree with you, most snow removal equipment made in Canada is of outstanding quality and worth the extra cash.

That's more than a little bit ironic!

For years, we've been hearing that the "low Canadian dollar" is the reason EVERYTHING up here is way more than in the US. Now, our dollar is stronger than the USD, and we're still hearing excuses (taxes, shipping for example) as to why we pay tons more than you guys in the states.:mad:

Bottom line is greed. The "Dollar" line is just an excuse dealers use to charge more.. because they can :mad:

For example, cars made in Ontario are cheaper in Florida than they are in Nova Scotia!!!

/ Pronovost got bored #19  
Maybe the car is expensive precisely because it is made in Canada? Dealerships here say that models manufactured in Canada cost more, and a lot of SUV's and minivans sold here are made in Canada. FWIW though, new vehicle prices can vary wildly from state to state depending on how many taxes buyers have to pay. I don't know about Florida but in California cars are very expensive with all the "green" fees and such. So much so in fact that the Big Three have changed the status of minivans from "automobile" to "light truck" (a light mod on the frame did the trick) so that they could be registered as work-related vehicles and benefit from tax and fees exemptions.

But California has steadily refused to even begin to think of considering SUV's as light trucks so no luck there. So that means that if you do snow removal you can put a plow on your pickup or your minivan (how weird would that look) and call it a work vehicle but if you have a Ford Expedition then forget it.

/ Pronovost got bored #20  
Maybe the car is expensive precisely because it is made in Canada? Dealerships here say that models manufactured in Canada cost more, and a lot of SUV's and minivans sold here are made in Canada. FWIW though, new vehicle prices can vary wildly from state to state depending on how many taxes buyers have to pay..

It doesnt have to be florida... Same canadian made car is considerably more expensive in Canada than any state. It's so bad that some manufacturers have threatened US dealers with loss of their dealership if they sell to Canadians. And those same manufacturers have set policies to deny warranty to Canadians in Canada who have vehicles originally sold in the US.

The car manufacturers dont want to loose their cash cow they have up here. A Canadian made car should be cheaper in Canada, all things considered.