Propane Cost???

/ Propane Cost??? #1  

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
I was told yesterday that Propane is $5.00 per gallon here in Northern Missouri now. Something about distribution problems creating shortages. What a joke!!!! :mad:

/ Propane Cost???
Sadly, that makes me feel a little better. What a ripoff!!!

/ Propane Cost??? #4  
What the heck is going on? I got a delivery Friday at $3.29 and thought that is 60 cents higher than it was in October. Hope this supply shortage gets straightened out, especially for you guys in the midwest.

/ Propane Cost??? #6  
Just called my propane supplier about 20 minutes ago. was $4.25 a gallon, maximum delivery 100 gallons, payable at time of delivery, no credit allowed.

/ Propane Cost??? #7  
TSC is out of propane

/ Propane Cost???
My Mom burns about 225 gallons a month. She's 93 and still lives in her own house, albeit an old drafty house. We dedicate all income from our farm to her living costs so we'll pay whatever we gotta pay. But what about the thousands/millions that don't have that financial security?? Last time we had her tank filled, which was about 3 weeks ago, we paid $2.86 and thought that was high.

What a ripoff.

/ Propane Cost??? #10  
It's a lot more complicated than you would imagine. My father in law owned a farm/home fuel distributorship for over forty years and watched most of his competition go out of business due to depending on suppliers, allotments and so on. In the 70's he bought his own transports and hired drivers in addition to driving one himself all over the country to keep his customers in fuel. It cost him a boatload of money and an audit resulted in fines as in some cases he lost money.

He retired quite a few years ago and regulations are lots worse than ever, no one can put in the hours he and his drivers did without problems from DOT, rigs are outrageous and some of the large distribution points have closed. Two river terminals closed with only one locally and the next 125 miles away.

I'm not saying someone isn't making some money, but it's probably not your local supplier.