Propane gas oven not working

/ Propane gas oven not working #1  

tstex

Gold Member
Tractor
1997 Kubota M5400S
Hello to all

Have a Frigidaire Propane Stove/oven, Model FGF326ASD. (And, this is why I’m getting the surge protector).

It took a power surge and I replaced the control module bc neither the digital clock nor anything else would light up on LED display. When replaced, all seemed normal. All four gas stovetops work fine and always have. Good gas pressure too, always.

Yesterday I tried the oven for the first time and got an F30 error, meaning no way to set the oven temp. Here’s what i did:

-Unplugged it for 30 mins to try resetting / Nada
-Tested continuity of heat sensor probe plug from sensor side, it was bad
-inserted a 1000ohm resistor into the heat probe receptacle on the over side to simulate continuity. This resolved the F30 error and allowed me to set oven temp and then it kicked into “Bake Mode”. The igniter/glow plug lites up fine, BUT, the propane never comes on to lite the oven. There’s no wiring that goes to the gas regulator. But, it did have an on/off switch and it was in the on position (edited)

So, any ideas on why gas is not cutting on? I’m in the process of buying a new probe.

thank you in advance

Last edited:
   / Propane gas oven not working
Thanks climber.. I forgot to mention and i will edit my post, that there is an on/off switch by regulator, it was in the “on” position. But i flipped it off & on. Since the gas stoves are all four working and always have, so prob not the regulator.

/ Propane gas oven not working #4  
There should be a electrical solenoid valve controlling gas flow into oven burner (independent of top burners) ... Agree with thclimer on #17...

/ Propane gas oven not working
Thanks Wrangler. I was actually going to try taking the back cover (or entire back plate off),but looked like a long process and i had to head back. Then i saw off i took out the 2 racks, There weee 2 screws that i could take off the inside cover to access solenoid. What the best way to test it? Thanks again

/ Propane gas oven not working #6  
Looks like it is an easy continuity test:

/ Propane gas oven not working #7  
High priced little thing, at least from that web site.