Snow Proper Blower size for Massey GC1705

/ Proper Blower size for Massey GC1705 #1  

LevesqueOnline

Bronze Member
Tractor
2022 Kioti CK2610SE
Good Day, I have a 1705 and im wondering the proper size snow blower to get? I know I can get 54-64 inch with 19hp at the PTO, but is there a specific size? my mind tells me i want 64 so its less cutting but my mind tells me there is more to it.

thanks appreciate the thoughts

/ Proper Blower size for Massey GC1705 #2  
I've seen people run a 60" without issue, but if you get significant snow, that's all she'll want for sure. You can obviously go wider, but you'll have to go slower. I have the 50" front blower, but really wish is was a little wider.

/ Proper Blower size for Massey GC1705 #3  
If you have either an HST or creeper gears you will be fine with a the 60 inch. There's not much of a downside to it. At worst you would have to run slower if and when there is more snow to blow.

/ Proper Blower size for Massey GC1705 #4  
I had a 60" on my GC2610...I sold it this fall and bought a Lynx 52".
In wet snow the blower would bog the tractor down...+ the weight of the blower was making the tractor a little light at the front.
The 52" is perfect for me...had 1 foot of snow last week...no problem !
Perfect size, much better than the 60", and the best part is, I used it for 3 years, and sold it for 100$ more than I paid for it !

/ Proper Blower size for Massey GC1705 #5  
MIB's experience is very similar to my own. I bought a new Agrotrend 48" with the my GC2300. Dealer only carried 48" and 60" at that time. Front end steering with the loader was light, hard to steer (also due to the design of the blower). Had to add weight to the front end. Smaller blower size also helps when having to plow your way through high drifts when you can't turn around. IMO , 60" used, you can always sell it if it doesn't work out, otherwise if buying new, size it like a box blade, just enough to cover the rear tire width.

/ Proper Blower size for Massey GC1705 #6  
I have a 1710 with the 2360 thrower on the front. The width is perfect for sidewalks. It handled a 12 inch fall of wet snow. The plows packed it to about 24 inches, and that strained the motor. Slowing down was all that was needed.