Oil & Fuel Proper procedure to bleed air from fuel system Mahindra 6000

/ Proper procedure to bleed air from fuel system Mahindra 6000 #1  

timberfarmer

Tractor
Mahindra 6000 & Zetor 4341
I have a problem with air in my fuel system that causes the tractor to lose power and eventually shut down. We have tried bleeding by activating the manual pump and bleeding air from both of the relief screws on the filters. We can get the tractor running again for up to 20 minutes. Are we doing something wrong. I read something about loosening the inlet to the injectors and purging system that way. Does anyone have the step-by-step procedure for purging air from the sytem? Thanks in advance

/ Proper procedure to bleed air from fuel system Mahindra 6000 #2  
Look for fuel leaks on the injector pump, lines, or motor. If it's leaking fuel it's also sucking air. Best to give the engine a good cleaning and then look for leaks.

/ Proper procedure to bleed air from fuel system Mahindra 6000 #4  
If your bleeding the fuel system and the tractor is still dying, I'd suspect a problem with the fuel delivery system, from the tank to the filter.
Make sure the vent on the tank (usually just a vent hole in the fuel cap) is not clogged and that the strainer at the tank outlet isn't clogging or partially clogged. bacterial contamination of the fuel, especially in your humid SE climate can cause a snotty looking glob to be floating ithe fuel at the water. fuel interface and that could be causing your problem. If that's the case, clean the tank and treat your fuel with a biocide. Also try to keep the fuel tank full to minimize water condesation in the tank. Chreck your fuel supply tank for water also. It might be water contaminated.

/ Proper procedure to bleed air from fuel system Mahindra 6000 #5  
If you are getting air in system after running for a while, it could be sucking air when it gets warm, something expanding, before filter.