Proper snow plowing etiquette.........

/ Proper snow plowing etiquette......... #21  
Even in our area the law not enforce :( nor is the knotheads that don't clean car roof off.

/ Proper snow plowing etiquette.........
Even in our area the law not enforce :( nor is the knotheads that don't clean car roof off.

Or headlights and taillights:banghead:

/ Proper snow plowing etiquette......... #23  
Always bugs me to see a foot high pile of snow on someone's roof. If there is less than an inch of powder and I am in a hurry, I will often leave it, but not more than that. It only takes an extra 30 seconds to clear it on my Volvo V90.

Aaron Z

/ Proper snow plowing etiquette......... #24  
Sounds to me like the developer was being honery. You would think he would want to take good care of his first buyer and rely on him as a good reference. Like a model home....

I agree with what you said...he would definetly be picky if this was a municipality driver. However, he knew this man well - since he paid $300K to have his home built over a years period. And only having one single driveway along a half mile road and asking him to turn the plow is just the nice thing and right thing to do for your customer. My buddy would never had made it an issue if it was a a Town employee.

AND....I shared it because it was a funny story

/ Proper snow plowing etiquette......... #25  
anyone else see those fools that only clear a 10" circular opening on windshield of ice/snow before setting out down the road. they REALLY piss me off.

geesh, i guess purchasing an ice scraper would cut into the booze and smokes budget too much:mad:

/ Proper snow plowing etiquette......... #26  
anyone else see those fools that only clear a 10" circular opening on windshield of ice/snow before setting out down the road. they REALLY piss me off.

geesh, i guess purchasing an ice scraper would cut into the booze and smokes budget too much:mad:

In Massachusetts we call those vehicles "Rhode Island Igloos".

/ Proper snow plowing etiquette......... #27  
There's a solution to having your drive filled if you can clean the roadside ahead of your lane. Whenever I blow my lane I make sure I blow at least 10 ft of the snow bank away in the direction the plow will be coming from. This way the plow empties before it gets to the actual laneway plus visibility is better when I'm driving out. Plus I put my mailbox on the away side so that the truck won't be pushing snow so he can veer out a little without feeling like he's missing any snow.
We don't have much snow here, but this seems like a pretty good idea, I'll try it next time we get enough snow to plow.

/ Proper snow plowing etiquette......... #28  
I've been told that I am too negative and always being critical, but it sure seems to me that our world is getting more stupid and less caring. I just try to do the right thing myself and encourage others to do the same... sometimes a nice word with them, other times some good old fashion passion is needed.

/ Proper snow plowing etiquette......... #29  
30 yrs ago when I was young and single I was driving along late one night and had to make a left turn after stopping at a stop sign. There had been a heavy snowfall that night and the plow driver drove straight through this intersection without doing the usual sweep around the corner. He left a bank about a foot or two across the road and I saw it after leaving and starting into my turn, as soon as I saw it I hit the gas in order to make it over but all I did was spin half way around and planted myself lengthwise on the mound 90degrees to the main traffic. I stopped the next car coming along which turned out to be an ex girlfriend and had to ask her to drive my car while I pushed it off the bank. Quite embarrassing and I'll forever hold it against that driver whoever he was.lol.

/ Proper snow plowing etiquette......... #30  
There's a solution to having your drive filled if you can clean the roadside ahead of your lane. Whenever I blow my lane I make sure I blow at least 10 ft of the snow bank away in the direction the plow will be coming from. This way the plow empties before it gets to the actual laneway plus visibility is better when I'm driving out. Plus I put my mailbox on the away side so that the truck won't be pushing snow so he can veer out a little without feeling like he's missing any snow.
I clear about 120 feet from the edge of my driveway(my mailbox is 50 ft. before the drive), to keep the township plow truck from plowing me in. I only have the Massey to clear my snow with..........You wouldn't believe the amount of snow that I bucket up into my yard from the roadway:shocked: