Backhoe Proper way to park tractor w backhoe when not in use?

/ Proper way to park tractor w backhoe when not in use? #11  
that will be my first welding project once i get power.....and learn to weld.

my outriggers always drop and can cause problems.
I use rachet straps for the outriggers. Tractor is never parked long enough (generally) so the pins are fine for me. I tip the loader (resting on ground) and bucket to avoid rain collection

/ Proper way to park tractor w backhoe when not in use?
Mine parks indoors. I put the FEL on the ground. I just let the backhoe float wherever it is. I can't use the travel lock. Its 2" too tall for the door. I don't bother to ground the bucket.
Doesn’t it fall down over time?

/ Proper way to park tractor w backhoe when not in use? #13  
I use the pins for holding the backhoe in place. Every time I run the tractor I raise the outriggers to full height again from their drooped position and if it rained I empty the bucket. I don't think I've ever gone more than about 3 weeks not running the tractor. In the winter I let it run for about 1/2 hour every 3 weeks to keep the battery charged.

/ Proper way to park tractor w backhoe when not in use? #14  
Many many… many years ago in HD mechanic school we were taught for safety everything either resting on pins or check chains with all pressure relieved so that nobody (kids) can be injured operating valves when it’s left unattended.

For longevity, cylinders should be fully retracted if possible. For a backhoe or excavator that means fully extended boom, dipper and bucket. For a loader, bucket curled and on the ground. Not really important for small stuff stored indoors or under cover though.

/ Proper way to park tractor w backhoe when not in use? #15  
Years ago our backhoe front loader rested on the ground tilted enough not to collect water.

/ Proper way to park tractor w backhoe when not in use? #16  
I let my bucket rest on a wood pallet in the garage. I remove all hydraulic pressure from the cylinders. My outriggers never droop. They just stay up all the time. I use by BH just about every time the machine is out of the garage these days.

/ Proper way to park tractor w backhoe when not in use? #17  
Either my father or the previous owner drilled (two) 1/2 inch holes in the bucket so that the water would run out. Most likely the original owner, as it was always stored in the barn for the 25+ years that my father had it.

/ Proper way to park tractor w backhoe when not in use? #18  
I use the pins for holding the backhoe in place. Every time I run the tractor I raise the outriggers to full height again from their drooped position and if it rained I empty the bucket. I don't think I've ever gone more than about 3 weeks not running the tractor. In the winter I let it run for about 1/2 hour every 3 weeks to keep the battery charged.
If you have electric power available, a Battery Minder, or Battery Tender is the better idea to keep your battery charged.

/ Proper way to park tractor w backhoe when not in use? #19  
Doesn’t it fall down over time?
Of course. Just use it regularly. :)

It takes a couple of weeks to drop the bucket to ground. Generally it gets used more frequently. My bigger issue is when it is I detach it to use the 3ph. The stabilizers bleed down until the frame grounds. The hoses will still attach, but you got to get real close. Sometimes I have to raise it with the stabs. Disconnect. Realign and finish hooking up. All in all, no big deal.

/ Proper way to park tractor w backhoe when not in use? #20  
I was taught to always lower attachments to rest on the ground. Leaving them up is unsafe because the have potential energy and someone could be injured or killed if they were near or under the attachment and it fell either by a mechanical failure or someone bumping or inadvertently operating the controls. As in children.