pros and cons hydro trans

/ pros and cons hydro trans #1  

jcsam16

any opinions on pros and cons for
hydro trans vs. power reverser
for 3320

thanks

/ pros and cons hydro trans #2  
Welcome to TBN! I suggest doing a search of this website. You will find many, many threads related to your question. Lots of information along with lots of opinions. The real answer has to do with your applications and your personal preferences. No one correct answer for everyone.

/ pros and cons hydro trans
new to the site..wasnt sure how to search..much thanks

/ pros and cons hydro trans #5  
Click on Search near the top of this page, between Member List and MyHome. Then just fill in the blanks for keywords and where you want to search. Easy to experiment with.

/ pros and cons hydro trans #6  
any opinions on pros and cons for
hydro trans vs. power reverser
for 3320

thanks

Definitely try both...I haven't tried a hydro (on a 3320) but I tried a power reverser (couple, 3 years ago)...nice transmission!

/ pros and cons hydro trans #8  
Definitely try both...I haven't tried a hydro (on a 3320) but I tried a power reverser (couple, 3 years ago)...nice transmission!

Hey Roy! I finally figured out why Deere offers that Auto-HST transmission on the 3520/3720 tractors. That's the hydro option with the F-N-R lever on the dash for changing directions. I think it's so us hydro guys can pretend we are driving a more manly-man Power-Reverser.:laughing::laughing:

/ pros and cons hydro trans #9  
Hey Roy! I finally figured out why Deere offers that Auto-HST transmission on the 3520/3720 tractors. That's the hydro option with the F-N-R lever on the dash for changing directions. I think it's so us hydro guys can pretend we are driving a more manly-man Power-Reverser.:laughing::laughing:

That could be!!!
Although...is it "manly" or just "pseudo-manly"?

/ pros and cons hydro trans #10  
I have a powershift on my Yanmar and like it a lot for bushhogging, but I noticed that with FEL use, I always clutched it anyway to load the bucket, dump etc. So, when I bought my new LS P 7010 that came with shuttle shift I didnt see that I would miss the power shift that much. I spent 20 hours building my small pond with thousands of direction shifts and my left arm got a little sore from all the shifting (left hand for the LS versus Right hand for the Yanmar) Since the pond is about 70 x70 I did a lot of shifting. Again, I needed to completely stop when I dumped the load on top of the levee each time, so I dont think I missed the power clutch at all and sure will be glad not to have to worry about replacing a hydraulic servo motor or micro-switch that quits working like all those digital controlled tractors have now ie Massey Ferguson QPS, JD ehydro etc.