Protected Valve Stems

/ Protected Valve Stems #11  
No, but you need to thread on an extension tube before you can add air. The extension has a piece of metal in it that presses down on the internal stem when you press down on the extensions internal stem with your air chuck.

I really am hoping that this works out because it is a nicer solution versus welding on pipe or plate protectors. Pure luck that i happened to see them and realized that they might work.

Ken

Just order a couple extra of those threaded extensions. If my luck with lost tire gauges is any indicator of what would happen to those tubes. ;)

/ Protected Valve Stems #12  
It hasn't been long but I was wondering if you tried these and if you liked them

/ Protected Valve Stems
All I did was try them in a dented up rim. I will have to wait until snow season is over before i can afford to take the duals off.

Ken

/ Protected Valve Stems #14  
Well it has been a while and I wondered if you habe tried these yet. It looks like a good solution. I ripped a valve stem off yesterday moving brush around so....

/ Protected Valve Stems
I have been using them for about 7-8 months now in 4 of my tires with no problems. Ia m glad I installed them. But these tires now have the bullet proof sealer in them so I have not had to add air. To add air, you have to screw in a supplied extension.

Ken

/ Protected Valve Stems
Just an update: I still have not had to add air to the tires because of the sealer. Before the sealer, I was adding air every week or so due to rim leaks etc. No issues with the valve stems but then I have not had to use them to add air.

Ken