Pruning the Olive trees

/ Pruning the Olive trees #31  
midlf said:
The oil is very good. It is available in Milwaukee, perhaps they could ship.

HEY ROX:

do you have contact information for the Milwaukee supplier?

I'm sure a lot of people here might like to try some...

but ya can PM me if you don't want to post contact info in the web.

mark m

/ Pruning the Olive trees
schmism,

THANK YOU-THANK YOU-THANK YOU
Big kiss and a hug!
2 years ago I bought a hand held pruing saw, it has a gree handle and it was made in Japan. That saw was really really sharp, it lasted okay.

i went back to my garden store and they don't cary them any more. I had the owner looking through his catalogs and he could not find it to re-order. Soooo we have used Wolf brand for last year and now this year. They are not by any means professional saws. I mean they cut okay but not like that Japanese saw did.

So many thanks for that link, I called them and ordered the Zubat, the Sugori and an extra blade for each. at least now when the blades run out i can re-order blades. I ahd to have them shipped to my mom and then she will mail them to us. cost me $238 but I am positive it will be worth it. They ship tomorrow so i bet by the end of next week we will have them. we will still have many many trees left so they will go to good use. I can't wait for these saws to arrive. My husband still misses that Japanese saw, I knwo this will make him so HAPPY!

Thingy- I often think about how I don't have to go to a Health Club to work out. Actually jsut today i was thinking that exact same thing. I feel so much better today. My worst day was the day I posted how everyting hurt. I really hurt, just rolling over in bed hurt. But since that posting it has gotten better and better, although I still ahve s tender spot on my head from when my husband accidently dumped me out of the 3ph wagon.

Spiker- your potato recipi is one we use often. Samther the potatos in olive oil and what a good flavor you get (course you need oil that has flavor). I probably should do a thread to see if anyone wnats to buy our oil direct. however i am a little worried about it since I would ahve to have my sister do all the mailing and collect the checks for me and I'm not sure I want to ask much more from her. The chef at her country club jsut orderd 75 liters, and he is a new customer. I called the chef and talked to him and e-mailed him our information sheet. It helps that we took a Gold Medal and also BEST in SHOW at the Los Angeles County Fair for Best International Light (meaning elegant, not light in calories) Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I asked my sister to bring him samples so she has been pretty helpful. Plus she took delivery and mailed out some small orders for us also. But I would so much also like anyone here on TBN to have a chance at trying our olive oil, although it is pricey. It retails for $30 a half a liter. Of ocurse I can get it to my TBN friends for wholseale but it is still gonna be pricey when you add in the shipping cost. I'll talk to my sister and see, if it is a green light I'll start a thread.

I was really sleepy laying in front of the fireplace I ahd taken a nap earleir. then right before i was going to go to bed I thought I would check e-mail and tbn. i got so excited about those Japanese saws I'm wide awake now.
Plus jsut got the order via e-mail from our Milwaukee retailer and he place a huge huge order. I think the order might almost be to big so tha also ahs me pumped up. Now i won't get to bed and I'll be tired all day tomorrow. Good thing I ahve been building up my muscles so at least I won't be both tired and in pain :)

/ Pruning the Olive trees #33  
Rox,

Can you create a TBN Label Olive Oil and have it for sale through TractorBynet? :D

I'm not really serious about the TBN Label but I am about selling via TBN. :D

Later,
Dan

/ Pruning the Olive trees #34  
rox said:
Plus jsut got the order via e-mail from our Milwaukee retailer and he place a huge huge order.

Glad to hear Steve is ordering more. Now I know I can get restocked.

/ Pruning the Olive trees #35  
Hi Rox!

I have loved reading all of your posts! I am now searching the site for more of them.

I have recently moved to Alabama, onto 14 acres. I was told it was too cold to grow olives here but kept checking anyway. I finally decided it can be done.

I have 4 trees now. They are all of 3 feet tall! :eek: Two are Missions and two are Luccas. I selected them based on their cold tolerance.

30 miles from here a gentleman is building a full scale model of a biblical era village and he transported three 200 year old olives from California. Cost him $3000 per tree delivered! :eek:

Anyway, they seem to have done OK so far this winter. I visited him last week and we compared olive growing ideas.

The coldest I have seen it here so far is 18 degrees. It doesn't seem to have bothered the trees so far. How cold does it get where you are?

Thanks for the bandwidth!

Greg

/ Pruning the Olive trees #36  
rox said:
schmism,

. I can't wait for these saws to arrive. My husband still misses that Japanese saw, I knwo this will make him so HAPPY!

so how are the saws? I was really impressed with the quality and how they were packaged etc.

I belive i got what i payed for and will certianly get $80 worth of use out of for shure. :D

/ Pruning the Olive trees
Schmism,

The Silky saws are GREAT! I am so super happy you gave me that link. My husband really wanted a straight saw ans I ordered curved oes. I see his point, he demonstrated to me why a straight saw is prefered for the job we do. But anyway after leaving them lay for a few days, we were not doing that kind of work, he went and tried one out and reported back that it sawed really great. I ahve not tried one out yet but I probably will next week. When I try it for myself I will post again. We still ahve a lot fo trees to prune but we changed tasks and have been burning the leavings of all our pruning. I can't believe a week has gone by already.