PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #21  
It turns out they are out of the Cement Mixers right now for the PT-1430, so I may be only picking up the snowblower. I wonder if them being out of stock with that mixer means they are selling allot of them right now? Has anyone heard how business has been going for Power Trac?

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #22  
I doubt the barrel is made in the USA. Importing is a pita . That said I believe pt works on an assembly line model. They make 50 of x then 50 of y so they do run out.

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #23  
As for pt I hear they are doing great considering. That said they are faced with a major redesign loosing the diesels they had so I am sure energy has shifted until they get those new machines online.

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #24  
Yeah, I’m curious as to how these new 1430s are going to sell? I was talking to the owner at a Deutz dealership in the area, and he said they are allowed to buy the two cylinder 2011 models only if a piece of equipment previously had one in it. Now, the new models have more emissions equipment on them. This might be some helpful advice for someone out there.

As far as how busy power track is doing right now, I wonder how long ago it was when the CLA equipment was out selling the Power Trac equipment? A business that has things they can transition to when one gets slow is very helpful, that’s what’s been keeping a local Steel business in my area going for a lot of years.

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #25  
You can unscrew the current (1/4?) couplers that are on it, and screw some of the larger (3/8"?) couplers in their place, and plug it in to the PTO couplers.

Bet it will spin a lot faster with the PTO hydraulic source. If you want to be clever, you could buy a hydraulic block that would let you reverse flow direction and mount it to the cement mixer.

Or even better, mount it in the engine compartment so you can reverse flow all your PTO attachments. PHD, tiller, and trencher all need reversing at times (tiller and trencher tend to get rocks stuck in them; since you can't reverse, you have to whack them out with a hammer).

If you put tiller on the ground and back up it will usually dislodge the rock and you dont have to get up and down all the time ( ask me how i know) lol

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #26  
I don't think you want a cement mixer to spin fast. It won't mix, as centrifugal force would just hold everything against the outer wall. You want it to spin slow enough so the stuff on the high side plops into the middle and gets turned over and over.

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #27  
Try searching for wood latch pawl auxiliary PTO modification, etc...

Was it Bob that did the mod?
Yes, it was me. Search on Bobrip for details.

Attachments

• 865F38FD-206F-4DEA-87D2-44A568A3B15B.jpeg
    865F38FD-206F-4DEA-87D2-44A568A3B15B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 69
  • 1CA5D610-DF55-4140-8EA5-1D39F1276CE6.jpeg
    1CA5D610-DF55-4140-8EA5-1D39F1276CE6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
  • D11B4F24-AF42-47EA-89F7-EF88B192721F.jpeg
    D11B4F24-AF42-47EA-89F7-EF88B192721F.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
   / PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #28  
Sorry if this is redundant as I didn't read back to 2017 on this post. But a good mixer changes direction to either mix or discharge. Think about the mixing vanes/paddles are shaped like a screw thread, one direction pulls in, the outer moves it out.
I don't like using a mixer on any tractor because it tends to get concrete powder (abrasive) all over the tractor when you empty the bag into the drum and as it spins before the water is mixed in.