PT 425 update

/ PT 425 update #1  

Lnk

Gold Member
Tractor
Ferguson to-20, Deutz D7007, Yazoo yhr-60, Gravely 5240, Gravely C8 and model L,
I purchased Redzebra's PT-425 back a few weeks and thought I would post an update. This machine is remarkable. I read this forum for a couple of years at least prior to making this purchase. I had been paralized through analysis for a while and was ready to buy a Branson 2515h when this came up for sale. I am so glad I waited. I do not have a mower for it, but wanted it for moving materials. Which it does very well. I have since dug a grave for an animal on the farm, moved a bunch of gravel for the driveway, graded the driveway, cleaned the goat enclosure which has been building up for a couple of years, (not the shelter, then nighttime enclosure). I have been digging my spare soil piles and fixing the holes in the backyard that the puppy made for me. I also started drilling the post holes for my Grape vines.

The very best part, is my wife finally has a machine she is willing to use. She can change non-powered attachments without my assistance. Which will help her to haul the daily bale of hay for the goats in the winter. She will eventually end up using it to carry mulch for her flower beds when she gets more seat time. right now I am just happy she will use it at all.

Attachments:
LMB
Homemade rake and potato digger on a receiver hitch
Post hole digger with 6" and 12" augers
Grapple
mini hoe
a couple of hydraulic motors with hoses and quick couplings attached
(I plan to make a sickle hedge trimmer/mower)
and a spare wheel.

Attachments

• AtHome.jpg
    AtHome.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • PickingUp1.jpg
    PickingUp1.jpg
    745.8 KB · Views: 123
  • PickingUp2.jpg
    PickingUp2.jpg
    846.7 KB · Views: 126
   / PT 425 update #4  
Nice looking machine ,hope it works out for u

/ PT 425 update #5  
I’ll want to see the progress on a hydraulic Sickle mower when you start on it.!
I was looking at hydraulic motors today, but a lot are currently out of stock.!

/ PT 425 update
I’ll want to see the progress on a hydraulic Sickle mower when you start on it.!
I was looking at hydraulic motors today, but a lot are currently out of stock.!
It may be fall when people would rather sell a sickle than store it. Will be looking for a non-pitman arm unit like a 451, as I want to be able to trim along my driveway. As well as horizontally. Will definitely post a thread about it when it happens. Did you find out about your glowing firestarter? Did it turn out to be normal?

/ PT 425 update
Welcome aboard!
Thank you, felt like I was with the rest of you during my lurking in this forum time. All of you kept me going through my indecision. I have a couple of tractors for the haying, mowing the fields. Just kept wanting a small manueverable loader. Now I have one.

/ PT 425 update
Nice looking machine ,hope it works out for u
So far it not only works out, it darn right impresses me. Could have been using one for a few years, but didn't, due to paralysis of the mind.

/ PT 425 update #10  
It may be fall when people would rather sell a sickle than store it. Will be looking for a non-pitman arm unit like a 451, as I want to be able to trim along my driveway. As well as horizontally. Will definitely post a thread about it when it happens. Did you find out about your glowing firestarter? Did it turn out to be normal?

On the sickle, I may be trying to do something similar. Depending on if I can find the parts at a reasonable price point.
And on the exhaust.
Terry said it was normal, so long as I’m only seeing it at night.
I’m still not liking it. Lol
Will probably investigate more when the weather cools down some and see what all I can do to get it to run cooler