PT-screed

/ PT-screed #1  

Incline

Bronze Member
Tractor
Powertrac PT-425
Here's an idea that worked reasonably well to level a gravel pad.

I'm building a 12'x24' shed on a gravel pad. The floor joists sit directly on the gravel so they needed to be supported across the entire length and level both directions. I wasn't sure I could accomplish the task with just the light material bucket.

After getting it relatively flat by eye, I clamped a 2"x8"x12' in the jaws of the 4:1 bucket, put it in float and backed over the pad area. I was pleasantly surprised at the results. I also confirmed that my "eye" left a little to be desired as the PT-screed corrected many spots that I thought were flat.

Just a random tidbit in case anyone had a similar project - Andy

screed 1.jpgscreed 2.jpgndy

/ PT-screed #4  
I will have to keep that in mind, thanks.

/ PT-screed #5  
Nice cup holder and tool box. Is that a Hurst shifter?

/ PT-screed #6  
Haha! That does look like a Hurst shifter! My neighbor had a 69 Road Runner with a shifter something like that.

/ PT-screed
Leave it to this group of gear heads to blow off the screed and go right to shifter........guilty as charged. :)

/ PT-screed #9  
Here's an idea that worked reasonably well to level a gravel pad.

I'm building a 12'x24' shed on a gravel pad. The floor joists sit directly on the gravel so they needed to be supported across the entire length and level both directions. I wasn't sure I could accomplish the task with just the light material bucket.

After getting it relatively flat by eye, I clamped a 2"x8"x12' in the jaws of the 4:1 bucket, put it in float and backed over the pad area. I was pleasantly surprised at the results. I also confirmed that my "eye" left a little to be desired as the PT-screed corrected many spots that I thought were flat.

Just a random tidbit in case anyone had a similar project - Andy

View attachment 623686View attachment 623687ndy

Are you in a really dry climate? I dont think I’ve ever seen anything built with joists directly on the ground.

/ PT-screed #10  
I seen that palm tree at the neighbors and figured either CA or FL, then I seen your location is CA. Instead of dry air, we have "the air you wear" out here in the East.