PT425 Lift Arm and Center Link Arm

/ PT425 Lift Arm and Center Link Arm #11  
On my 2001 PT425, the flat side of the assembly faces forward while your pictures show it facing backwards. As KentT stated, you can probably just unbolt the dump/curl cylinder and the linkage and rotate it around 180 degrees. That is, as long as the longer side of the assembly ends up connected to the cylinder and the shorter end is attached to the linkage, as mine is(I can't tell from your picture which side is longer). If it does not, then the assembly is welded on incorrectly and will have to be taken off and swapped left to right.

I also measured the length of the long side of the assembly and it is about 1 inch shorter than the distance from the center pivot to the cross member, so it should be able to slip it through when you disconnect the cylinder and linkage and rotate it around. Try it and see if it works. I'll bet it will. :)

/ PT425 Lift Arm and Center Link Arm
Well, it seems everyone is right. I have seen pictures with the flat part facing forward and backward, as well as the short side facing up and down. I measured the length of the pivot arm and got the same result as MR. I looked
at the old lift arms and the flat side faces foward with the short side connected to the link arm.

I went ahead and rotated the arm 180 degrees so the short side is connected to the piston and long side ot the link arm. It seems to work ok and I can dump the LMB, although I am not sure it curls as much as it did before. I have not tried any other attachments yet to see if the curl has been affected.

Thanks for all the replys.
-Tim

/ PT425 Lift Arm and Center Link Arm #13  
Bob999 said:
J--Are you sure that is a 1430? It looks more like a 2400 series tractor.

You are right, that is a 2430, last picture on the PT web site, for the 2430.

/ PT425 Lift Arm and Center Link Arm #14  
tlb said:
Well, it seems everyone is right. I have seen pictures with the flat part facing forward and backward, as well as the short side facing up and down. I measured the length of the pivot arm and got the same result as MR. I looked
at the old lift arms and the flat side faces forward with the short side connected to the link arm.

I went ahead and rotated the arm 180 degrees so the short side is connected to the piston and long side ot the link arm. It seems to work OK and I can dump the LMB, although I am not sure it curls as much as it did before. I have not tried any other attachments yet to see if the curl has been affected.

Thanks for all the replays.
-Tim

Tim, The tilt arm assembly that you just replaced, was it identical to the old one. I know you said that you rotated it 180, but if you don't have the same curl, that means that it should also have been reversed . Like I said before, I found this out to late, didn't know any better, so I welded it so it looked right. I lost some of my curl. I compensated for some of that by using a longer tilt bar. They didn't have a tilt arm for my old PT, so they sent a close match, and didn't tell me about the long and short side and the flat side. I wasn't about to cut out that new shaft.

/ PT425 Lift Arm and Center Link Arm
JJ,
Yes, it is the same as the old one except the pivot arm is reversed. I went ahead and reversed it. I lost a few inches of curl but it is acceptable, plus I do not want to remove everything again, order a new one, then reinstall it.
-Tim

/ PT425 Lift Arm and Center Link Arm #16  
tlb said:
JJ,
Yes, it is the same as the old one except the pivot arm is reversed. I went ahead and reversed it. I lost a few inches of curl but it is acceptable, plus I do not want to remove everything again, order a new one, then reinstall it.
-Tim

As long as you can curl the bucket enough to scoop up a load of dirt, and dump it, is good. I had to make corrections in the length of the tilt arm to give full dump. I am just sorry that I didn't know about the geometry of the tilt arm before, and no one offered any help, mainly because not many people had not changed out the tilt assembly. Unfortunately, I can not roll my tilt arm around because of the extra support bar in the way, and the fact that PT sent me a different one. They didn't have any of the old ones like mine. Bummer.