PTO Air Compressor

/ PTO Air Compressor #11  
The direct drive unit is nice.

However, it would be better if it were readily available. I would be more interested in a PTO kit for a standard, readily available compressor. For example, Harbor Freight has a 5hp 13 CFM@90psi compressor for $99. I think a kit consisting of 3ph bracket, PTO coupling, pulleys, and belt would be very useful. A tank would be necessary for larger air tools, of course. The air compressor could easily be removed and replaced with a generator, water pump, or any tool that is belt driven.

/ PTO Air Compressor #13  
I have seen a bunch of John Deere pto power compressors on eBay. They are small tire filler types.

/ PTO Air Compressor
On ebay? Are they new brand pto compressors or old/antiques? I have not seen such new compressors anywhere in last years.

/ PTO Air Compressor #15  
The Deere PTO compressors were sold back in the 2 cylinder days. Very prized items by most Deere collectors.

/ PTO Air Compressor #16  
Old.

/ PTO Air Compressor #17  
You can get ford air compressors as well... Use 1 sparkplug hole to run the pump...

soundguy

/ PTO Air Compressor #18  
What type of compressor is it?

Piston, sliding vane, screw, impeller??

Egon

/ PTO Air Compressor #19  
I've not had one apart.. but hear that it is air over air, piston type I guess.

You screw it in a spark plug hole, and the alternating manifold vacume/pressure from the cyl modulates the air flow..

Fuel charge is isolated from tire charge.

I guess it could be modulated diaphram and check and flap valve.... dunno...

Soundguy