Chipper PTO chipper

/ PTO chipper #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am in the market for a PTO chipper, for my soon to be delivered JD 4310. Does anyone have any specific recommendations as to brand, etc. Thanks in advance.

/ PTO chipper #2  
Because I do not have rear hydraulics I had to go with a self feed model. My Bearcat does an excellent job. There is a lot of pro and con disscussion about the justification of buying one. All I can say is in my opinion it is a good investment. Good luck!
-Terry

/ PTO chipper #3  
wbender
If you want a powerfeed the Salsco 824 is a great unit. Don't take my word for it, do a search for "Salsco" on this board as well as "chippers". On the Salsco you do not need rear remotes.
Good Luck
Chipperman
PS: The 824 will handle 4 inch round wood or 8 inch wide slabs.

/ PTO chipper #4  
The Danuser 18P is a well built PTO chipper that can handle 4inch
diam branches. It is also easy to maintain. As far as auto feed the Danuser system does not require hydraulics . The unit works very nicely on my B7500.
Dan Singer /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ PTO chipper
Thanks for the info. I can't seem to find a price, do you have a guesstimate?

/ PTO chipper #6  
wbender
I am not sure what the Danuser sells for. If it is the power feed model I think it sells for about $4000 or so. I can tell you it is 4x4 and the feeder is belt driven. The Salsco is 4x8 and the hydraulis feed is much more capible. The extra 2 inched either side will let you handle material with considerbly less pruning than a 4x4 machine. Where are you located and what size is your tractor?
Chipperman
PS the Salsco 824 sells for $5174 plus frieght only option is feed sensing which is $621 more.

/ PTO chipper
I am in Kansas City, Missouri. Tractor is a JD 4310 with 32hp.

/ PTO chipper #8  
The Danuser 18P which is the 4inch with power feed is approx 3000 dollars. The company is in MO you can get a contact number from their web site danuser.com They are good people with a good product at a good price. They sold mine direct to me.

/ PTO chipper #9  
I went to the Danuser website and saw their augers and recoil system. Nothing about a PTO Chipper.

/ PTO chipper #10  
You are correct . I have not been on their site in many months and sure enough I could not find the chipper section tonite. Using a search engine i was able to bring up another Danuser site with the chippers. Who knows for some reason they are not showing the chippers on the main site. ?? liability issues. You may wish to just email or call them for info on the 18P Chipper. Also do a search on TBN under "Danuser Chippers". I found out about these chipppers here at TBN and then called the co for info received a good price and have been very happy with the unit.