Mowing PTO disengaging while in use

/ PTO disengaging while in use
No, the problem progressed to where the lever never came out of engaged position but pto would stop. I could feel vibrations and pushing against my boot yet lever never really moved and pto stopped. So, I dont think bailing wire will fix. I did look at the file and will reference it when I ever get a chance to take a look inside the machine.

/ PTO disengaging while in use #12  
No, the problem progressed to where the lever never came out of engaged position but pto would stop. I could feel vibrations and pushing against my boot yet lever never really moved and pto stopped. So, I dont think bailing wire will fix. I did look at the file and will reference it when I ever get a chance to take a look inside the machine.

I have a suspicion that the ball and spring might have jammed in the spindle shaft . Once you lose the cover, don't go all the way to remove it, clutch and try to engage pto with the engine off. Does the pto handle move freely back and forth?

JC,

/ PTO disengaging while in use
The pto handle can move freely. I was reading some diagrams on internet and they had cylinders for spring and ball, is this the same as spindle shaft? Dont go all the way to remove what?

/ PTO disengaging while in use #14  
The pto handle can move freely. I was reading some diagrams on internet and they had cylinders for spring and ball, is this the same as spindle shaft? Dont go all the way to remove what?

Spindle shaft is item #42 on the diagram I had earlier on. Cover is # 53 with 3 bolts attaching it to the case. The ball and spring #45 and #45 appears to be behind the cover #53. the set up appears the same as what I had on the shifter mechanism. loosen 3 bolts partially and I see if the pto handle would lock in engaged position. I have not done the exact same procedure on the pto but diagrams indicate the spring to be right behind the cover. Removing the cover should allow you access to spring as I see no other bolt and hole where the ball and spring is. There is no cylinder for spring and ball , it is how it is cast.

JC,