PTO DRIVEN LEAF/GRASS VAC

/ PTO DRIVEN LEAF/GRASS VAC #1  

grsr3

Bronze Member
Can't find anything about a leaf or grass vacuum/collector that would be driven off my PTO. Seems to me that an attachment like that would be available for all tractors.
George

/ PTO DRIVEN LEAF/GRASS VAC
Hi Jack,
I guess I'm thinking about something that doesn't exist. I'm looking for something that would not have to use a mower deck----is that possible? Just a pull behind that would turn from your PTO and have some kind of rolling enclosure that would suck up whatever you want to gather and blow it into a cart or closed wagon. Make sense???????
George

/ PTO DRIVEN LEAF/GRASS VAC #5  
   / PTO DRIVEN LEAF/GRASS VAC
Hi Scott-
That's a beauty. But I don't own a golf course, Haha. Something like that would be great. I think I could modify my home meade 4' x 8' garden cart with high sides and a top and put some kind of liner in it that would be able to be pulled out with the load for easy dumping. But the problem is finding, mounting, and hooking up a blower, and then fabricating some kind of scoop or plenum that would skim the ground to pick up whatever it is you are gathering. Got any ideas?????

Geo

/ PTO DRIVEN LEAF/GRASS VAC #7  
I think that you have too options for a PTO collector to go behind a tractor.

One has a rotating brush and simply brushed everything it goes over up and pushes it into a hopper.

Look something like this

Our local rugby club uses one and during the Autumn covers about 50 acres of thick leaves that fall a week. There quite effective.

The other option is more of a hoover.

Something like this

stud_04_big.jpg

There website is here

This might be easier to make. You would just have to have the fan unit and then a massive hoover head to drive over the leaves with.

What are you going to be using it for?

/ PTO DRIVEN LEAF/GRASS VAC #8  
Grrrr said:
I think that you have too options for a PTO collector to go behind a tractor.

One has a rotating brush and simply brushed everything it goes over up and pushes it into a hopper.

Look something like this

Our local rugby club uses one and during the Autumn covers about 50 acres of thick leaves that fall a week. There quite effective.

The other option is more of a hoover.

Something like this

stud_04_big.jpg

There website is here

This might be easier to make. You would just have to have the fan unit and then a massive hoover head to drive over the leaves with.

What are you going to be using it for?

So does their Horse Manure Vacuum...The Stud??? really work at picking up the piles or should I ask how much of a pile will it pick up...

/ PTO DRIVEN LEAF/GRASS VAC #9  
Mine might pick up dry manure, as it picks up all kinds of s..., if you know what i mean. If I don't get employed before long, my grass vac may go up for sale. I really like it, so it won't be cheap.
Mine is a Giant Vac and has a hopper big enough to park a small riding mower in. I don't know how much it holds, but a lot more than I can ever p/u in one session and that include the sand it picks up.
David from jax

/ PTO DRIVEN LEAF/GRASS VAC #10  
sandman2234 said:
Mine might pick up dry manure, as it picks up all kinds of s..., if you know what i mean. If I don't get employed before long, my grass vac may go up for sale. I really like it, so it won't be cheap.
Mine is a Giant Vac and has a hopper big enough to park a small riding mower in. I don't know how much it holds, but a lot more than I can ever p/u in one session and that include the sand it picks up.
David from jax

David - Is your Giant Vac PTO driven?

To the OP, consider that if you use a system that collects from the mower deck that it will be compacted much better that a simple vacuum.