PTO extender

/ PTO extender
This is such a great site for solving problems. Thanks everyone. I found a quick release extender at Speedco, probably the same one shown in the Agri Supply page. Cost 20.03 plus shipping. They only ship COD unless you have an account with them, but since I was in a hurry, its on its way.

/ PTO extender #12  
If I were you I would find out why that pto stub didn't have a OEM hole in it... replacement shaft?

glad yo found a way around it.

Soundguy

/ PTO extender #13  
My 1998 Kubota B2400 is the same way, no hole in the pto shaft. My 1994 B7100 had it and two of my implements are held to the shaft by this pin. I haven't been able to find one at our local Farm King or TSC so I also appreciate the info.

/ PTO extender
Soundguy
The only person that responded to this that owns a JD 4xxx CUT was Joemama and he put me on the trail of a "quick release" extender. So it is not at all clear to me if all JD 4xxx CUT has holes in the PTO shaft or not. I now agree with everyone that the hole is standard, but maybe JD decided it wasn't needed anymore?

/ PTO extender #15  
If they did.. it would represent 'backwards' thinking in my book.. and kind of a stone knife/bearskin approach to tractor production...

There are lots of pto applications that use the pin.. to do away with it is ludicris at this point... I'm surprised that it meets all the requirements of cat 1 specs on a nitpicky base... I'm sure ( guessing? )in the fine print laying around the ASAE somewhere.. that pin hole is mentioned in the specs..

Soundguy