3-Point Hitch PTO Generator arrived today

/ PTO Generator arrived today #111  
My thread is still going....thought about my safety conscious friends today while I used a $10 auction chop saw with a $100 Bosch blade and a hose to cut 30 blocks tonight for the outdoor fireplace.....Since we have some people with some time let’s go from electrical no-nos to counting OSHA violations....my unprofessional status as a mason has solidified. View attachment 557157View attachment 557158View attachment 557159View attachment 557160

Looks nice ......and your helper is ready with his shovel too!

/ PTO Generator arrived today #112  
My thread is still going....thought about my safety conscious friends today while I used a $10 auction chop saw with a $100 Bosch blade and a hose to cut 30 blocks tonight for the outdoor fireplace.....Since we have some people with some time let痴 go from electrical no-nos to counting OSHA violations....my unprofessional status as a mason has solidified.

Yo, what's up with wearing safety glasses?

/ PTO Generator arrived today #113  
My thread is still going....thought about my safety conscious friends today while I used a $10 auction chop saw with a $100 Bosch blade and a hose to cut 30 blocks tonight for the outdoor fireplace.....Since we have some people with some time let痴 go from electrical no-nos to counting OSHA violations....my unprofessional status as a mason has solidified. View attachment 557157View attachment 557158View attachment 557159View attachment 557160

Looks fine to me. I have no problem whatsoever with someone putting there own life or limbs in jeopardy. It's when people take unnecessary risks that put others in harms way that bothers me.

/ PTO Generator arrived today #114  
I'm still trying to figure out who Yo is???

SR

/ PTO Generator arrived today
Yo, what's up with wearing safety glasses?

Safety glasses for weedwacking, cutting, grinding. Steel toe shoes for post hole digging and chainsawing....about as safe as I get....

/ PTO Generator arrived today #116  
Looks fine to me. I have no problem whatsoever with someone putting there own life or limbs in jeopardy. It's when people take unnecessary risks that put others in harms way that bothers me.

Of course ......
....... Like the thousands of drunk drivers on the roads every day!

/ PTO Generator arrived today #117  
Of course ......
....... Like the thousands of drunk drivers on the roads every day!

Good example. The sad part is, the majority of them probably think they're great drivers so they feel no need to follow the rules of the road. They may even try to convince others that, unless they're stupid, they should be able to do the same.

Last edited:
   / PTO Generator arrived today #118  
Seems like one of the points of the argument is that a mechanical interlock (which has become code) is safer than relying on humans to correctly sequence the generator tie in.
Yes, that it is.
Does this mean that manually flipping the main, then closing the generator "tie" breaker is unsafe? Or just un-safer?

One day we will argue that turning off (or not repairing) your cars crash avoidance system or autopilot and "manually" pressing the brake pedal when you approach a busy intersection, (or steering :eek:) is "totally reckless", and that's why we have laws that require mandatory crash avoidance systems/auto-pilot on cars. And anybody who doesn't use it is irresponsible and is putting other people in danger. And statistics will show those people will be right too.

I'm not arguing one way or the other, just observing that what we consider safe or unsafe changes over time.

Last edited:
   / PTO Generator arrived today
Seems like one of the points of the argument is that a mechanical interlock (which has become code) is safer than relying on humans to correctly sequence the generator tie in.
Yes, that it is.
Doesn't this mean that manually flipping the main, then closing the generator "tie" breaker is unsafe? Or just un-safer?

One day we will argue that turning off (or not repairing) your cars crash avoidance system or autopilot and "manually" pressing the brake pedal when you approach a busy intersection, (or steering :eek:) is "totally reckless", and that's why we have laws that require mandatory crash avoidance systems/auto-pilot on cars. And anybody who doesn't use it is irresponsible and is putting other people in danger. And statistics will show those people will be right too.

I'm not arguing one way or the other, just observing that what we consider safe or unsafe changes over time.

Great Post.

I'm hoping I'll be at retirement age on a boat by then....funny thing is they already have autopilot and crash avoidance, but something about setting your autopilot for Martinique and getting an alarm that something is off your port bow 2 miles away seems more enjoyable!

/ PTO Generator arrived today #120  
Just my 2 cents on this thread based on a few cases in courts on product litigation and defense. What we are all seeing here is a public record of attitudes and behaviors that are a permanent part of potential witness testimony in courts. Those 'testifying' that they always follow codes, rules, procedures and principles and recommend them to the general public have not only a small or zero chance of creating or causing public or private dangers but present themselves in favorable light should something happen that involves them if some unfortunate circumstance arises.

However, a person or group who publicly short cuts rules and regulations concerning public safety is also presenting to a grand jury their attitude(s) towards others. It takes very little time and effort for search companies to dig up your attitudes and awareness and ignorance of dangerous practices to prove to a jury that you are prone to hurt others and are reckless in conduct towards them.

This goes way beyond transfer switch use. Incriminating statements like some seen here also 'color' a jury in regard to other situations: drunk driving, seat-belt use, animal, child and spouse abuse, self defense, assault and battery and even property boundary cases. The image that you present (nice, helpful, caring, prick, azz-whole, stupid, careless) on these forums carries a lot of weight when considering totally different and unrelated situations. It can be the difference between parole, not charged, public appreciation/commendation, 10 years in prison and the loss of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I've seen quite a few local cases where Facebook, Twitter, emails and other web records have been mined to review a person's character.

"A word to the wise is sufficient"