PTO Generator Question

/ PTO Generator Question #11  
Sorry I could not help I work with 3 phase generators alot, but not sire how a 1 phase generator is wired.

/ PTO Generator Question #14  
Since the hurricane we've been on a gen for 4 days....

Odd Generator fact number 1...... If the hz are off... all your clocks on microwaves and alarm clocks will be wrong.... they are gaining an hour or more a day.... Must be my 5500 watt gen is making more than 60HZ...

/ PTO Generator Question #15  

Odd Generator fact number 1...... If the hz are off... all your clocks on microwaves and alarm clocks will be wrong.... they are gaining an hour or more a day.... Must be my 5500 watt gen is making more than 60HZ...

Same issue here (on generator since Sunday AM). My Generac is going between 59 - 63 hz per my APC UPS data loging. Microwave is running HOT due to this (takes less time to cook) and clocks are way off. Computers, motors, etc. do not seem to mind though.

/ PTO Generator Question #16  
Sounds like the meter is whacked when hooked to the genny.
I thought the 60 HZ can not be off by much before things stop working.
Even more critical than the voltage, which can be +/- 10 %.

My newer pto genny has a light meter to dial in the freqs and volts.
I made another to plug into ac outlet.

JB

Attachments

• DSCN0558.jpg
    DSCN0558.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCN0538.jpg
    DSCN0538.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCN0541.jpg
    DSCN0541.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCN0556.jpg
    DSCN0556.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 286
   / PTO Generator Question #17  
It's the meter. Look at the specs. for frequency it's from 200 to 200Khz. basically audio. Set you voltage to between 110 and 120 and go with it.

/ PTO Generator Question

Just did a test, looks like at 123 volts I'm running about 24 seconds fast per hour. Being that it was built as a 115 volt generator, that makes a lot of sense and it seems like it must be a lot closer than double the cycles.

It's the meter. Look at the specs. for frequency it's from 200 to 200Khz. basically audio. Set you voltage to between 110 and 120 and go with it.

Good point, assuming the generator just isn't as clean as the power co. and who wouldn't expect that with a 50 year old machine?

Unless anyone has anything to add, I think I'll just put'er away and live dangerously. Thanks everyone!