Generator PTO Generator

/ PTO Generator #21  
Dan, you'd have to have some pretty long cables to use your tractor with the generator attached /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

(sorry, couldn't resist /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif)

Rob
18-25126-790sig.gif

/ PTO Generator #22  
dan,
i have a generac 25kw model. the trailers arent that bad an idea. you can hitch that guy up in about 30 sec. connect the pto shaft in about a minute, and you are ready to make power. it much easier than trying to mount the thing on the 3 pt hich, just one pin, i have a wheeled trailer jack on the tongue of the trailer , just push it where you want it, drop the pin in the hitch when it is lined up, wind down the jack a few turns and swing it into the horizontal position. takes a little longer to connect the pto shaft, but not much. start the tractor, and engage the pto, look back at the freq meter, i dial the speed up untill the meter reads 60.7 Hz. you will need to figure this out for your tractor/gen. combo.

attach the correct plug into the recepticle on the tractor and to the recepticle on the sub panel, flip on the breaker on the generator, flip the transfer switch to "GEN" and the lights are on.

i have used the winco's , coleman's, honda's, lincoln's, and generic chinese generators, nothing holds steady voltage and frequency under changing loads like this fellow. those gasoline models are ok but when they are hit with a load change you can here the motor lug,been there done that. something about a diesel and a big revolving armiture that just does the job soo much better. i have even shown my wife and daughter how hook this up. you are going to love it.

alex

/ PTO Generator #23  
has any one tried out the smaller pto generators northern tool is sielling, just curious how they work.

alex

/ PTO Generator #24  
dan
when are you planning on building your house?

alex

/ PTO Generator #25  
Alex,

That is a VERY good question. The quick answer is I don't know at this point. :cool:

I'm working on my taxes when I'm not working at work. That is going to tell us what we can do for the year. We want to build the driveway, get the well put in, and get the fill dirt for the septic installed before starting the house. We also have to get some blueprints drawn up and find a builder. All of that is gated on taxes.

If taxes bite the chunk of money I'm fearing then we won't build until next year. OR we have to get to the bank and get a loan to start. I don't want to take out money for the DIY stuff...

So it good be late this year or sometime next year.... OR the year after! :cool:

Which is very ironic since we were very close to getting in the house by the end of late last year but that did not work out. Its a soap opera..... :cool:

BTW I noticed a big Generac PTO generator in the want ads last weekend. No price listed but it was 40-60KW with 200 hours. A little bigger than I think I need!

Later....
Dan

/ PTO Generator #26  
good luck on starting the new house, i hope you get a jump on it this year.

i think you should kick the tires on that generac, there may not be too many takers, and the price may be right.

a friend of mine was at an aucton for a closing store in the country, they had a 50 kw unit, went for 150 bucks after they used it to power up the building for three days for the auction so the buyers could see the freezers etc worked, what a steal.

alex

/ PTO Generator #27  
I'm going to have to pass on the generator since the cash I have on hand is most likely going to Uncle Sam. And this generator was way more than we need. But it was/is tempting.

It will be interesting to see how long the ad stays in the paper.....

Later....
Dan McCarty