PTO Generators, been here before?

/ PTO Generators, been here before? #21  
Soo can I run a big generator with a light load powered by a BX?
My BX1500 is the best tractor I have to operate my 12KW gen. ... Course I can only get 7-8KW, but the power is dead stable with load fluctuation up to that limit. Wish it had a bigger fuel tank. ;) -- If I need full gen capacity I run it on the L2550.

/ PTO Generators, been here before? #22  
I used a PTO set for years. Worked well, but I am glad those days are over.

Unless I am wrong, no tractor has a shut down system for temp or oil failure. Something to think about before leaving a tractor running wide open unattended.
Why is the tractor wide open?

/ PTO Generators, been here before? #23  
Sure can, just fine. I used a 12Kw gen on a 650 JD that had maybe 14hp at the PTO for years before getting a 3520.

/ PTO Generators, been here before? #24  

First, define "big generator". Then, define "light load".

See my BX + PTO generator setup and power outage experience here:
Sandy -- 12 days without power: what worked, what didn't ... - AR15.COM

wrooster

DSCN8437.JPG

/ PTO Generators, been here before? #25  
wrooster that was an interesting read. Having the dual generator setup was a definite plus when it came to fuel consumption.
Thanks for the link.

/ PTO Generators, been here before? #28  
If operated at part throttle the lower than 60Hz from the generator will wreck some electrical and electronic equipment.
You know, there IS something between wide open and part throttle... At least there is on all of MY tractors...

It's called "pto speed"...

SR

/ PTO Generators, been here before? #29  
You know, there IS something between wide open and part throttle... At least there is on all of MY tractors...

SR

Does anyone have an inexpensive easy to use tool to measure PTO speed?
I'm thinking like a little IR gun you point at a marker you put on the shaft and it tells you rpm.

/ PTO Generators, been here before? #30  

SR

Does anyone have an inexpensive easy to use tool to measure PTO speed?
I'm thinking like a little IR gun you point at a marker you put on the shaft and it tells you rpm.