PTO grinding

/ PTO grinding #11  
I am not sure if that rod moves. I adjust my clutch when the PTO starts to grind. Sometimes when I press really hard on the clutch it will not grind. I then spin it about one thread and it is good for another year. I think the free play is supposed to be about 1.5-2 inches if I remember correctly

/ PTO grinding #12  
Something I notice with a lot of people that I teach to drive trucks, is that they want to push the clutch in and pull it into gear. It may not have any bearing on your particular case, but may help others.
When you push your clutch pedal in, push it completely down, then count to two slowly, and then pull it into gear. With trucks that have clutch brakes, it tends to allow the spinning gears to come to a stop before you try to engage them.
If there is any improvement, it won't cost you a dime to do it this way. If no improvement, it only took you a few seconds to read this, so minimal wasted time.
David from jax

/ PTO grinding #13  
I just checked my 1920. The rod that goes to the rear axle is for the brakes

/ PTO grinding #14  
I know different tractor and configuration, but mine starting doing this a couple years ago. I didn't use the rear PTO and bypassed the mid-PTO safety switch during starting. I finally split it a couple weeks back. This is what I found. Works like a champ now.

20170825_214220_resized.jpg