PTO Power?

/ PTO Power? #11  
The Wallenstein comes from our friends up north in Canada. I have the BXM32 chippershredder running on my JD2305. We have same PTO HP. For me, anything bigger than 3" is firewood. The 2305 has no problem with the BXM32.

Frank

/ PTO Power? #12  
Thanks. for the info. I had read somewhere the WoodMaxx was U.S. made. Thanks for the correction, as I agree with your assessment of chippers made offshore. Anyone out there have experience with other chippers they could share?

There are a whole bunch of chinese ones that claim to be made in the USA, not sure how they get away with it, but if you search some reviews you find it quickly. The things you'll want to look at are self feeding or not (wallenstein blades pull stuff in so it self feeds w/o the hydro feed), discharge chute and chipper opening (bigger is better so you don't have to trim forks). Some brands I looked at when I was shopping:
Bearcat, Woods, and salsco. DR also makes one. I personally would also look for a 'direct drive' one VS belt driven, its one less thing to break.