PTO Protection

/ PTO Protection #21  
PaulB,

Is it too early for you? My post about days left is below! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Anyway, NO, my NH needs nothing but I was thinking about applying for a job at the area Kubota dealer since he has lots of the type of work you're talking about fixing Kubotas that owners think can do more work than they can! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif However, I need some time off and I'd rather spend it with Blue! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

JimBinMI

The world without Blue would be too Orange!

/ PTO Protection #22  
OK well in that case I guess a cover wouldn't be as critical as a guard like I was talking about.

msig.gif

/ PTO Protection #23  
How'd we get this far off topic, JimBinMi? When I went to bed last night, I thought all the thunderstorms were going north of us, again! Then thunder and lightning woke me at 3:35 a.m. and at 6:30 a.m. I poured 1.75" out of my gauge. And the forecast is for a 50-60% chance of more the next two days. The only bad part is that 2/3 of my corn that was 7' high is now about knee high, but I'd gladly sacrifice the corn for the rain!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ PTO Protection #24  
Yeah, I think we're talking about "covers". My B7100 came with a "cup" shaped (and I've forgotten now whether it was plastic or metal) cover that was bolted over the mid-PTO (I think that's the way it was; I never used the mid-PTO) and it came with just a short piece of plastic tubing (thick walled) that you could slide onto the rear PTO and it fit very tight, and was almost never used.

Bird

/ PTO Protection #25  
Practically worthless, in my opinion, unless you have a PTO, such as my mid-PTO, that's never used./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ PTO Protection #26  
Yes, plastic and bolten on, now I'm awake. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

/ PTO Protection #27  
JiMBinMI,

That wasn't a cow that came down, that was one of them orange tractors that had rusted real bad because it wasn't plastic./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
I thought I might chime in on this one. Us <font color=blue> blue owners<font color=black> have got to stick together, or these orange boys heads are going to get lots bigger. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ PTO Protection #28  
If it's any consolation, we won't let them get any bigger than they've got a right to be. No, I guess that wouldn't be any consolation, would it? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ PTO Protection #29  
Speaking of PTO protection, I've recently developed a leak of fluid from my mid-mount on my B7100. It seems to be coming from the plug, which is as tight as I can get it. What else could it be? What kind of fluid is it? I'm pretty much a novice at these things and you guys were a big help last year in an overheating issue I ran into.

/ PTO Protection #30  
Clay,

Wen & Bird can answer this, but first are you sure it's a Kubota?????????????????

When it rains, it pours! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Sorry Clay, I hope you figure it out and none of this is directed at you. Good Luck!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!