PTO Relocation

/ PTO Relocation #11  
Let us know what you find out, because I am interested in that too. I priced an Erskine blower, and it was WAY more than a front mount/Mid PTO driven MF model.

/ PTO Relocation #12  
Hey guys I have that type of set up for sale. Mine was on a ber-vac now Rad Technologies snowblower I bought for my Ford 1310 (no mid PTO) I now have a Kubota and matching blower. I do not have the blower for the set up but it is very adaptable if anyone is interested. I live 30 miles south of Erie PA. It is burried under 2' of snow but would not be difficult to dig out.

/ PTO Relocation #13  
Seems I read about a manufacturer which produces a "kit" to relocate or re-position the PTO from rear to front. This design connects off the rear PTO under the tractor to bring power to the front. This would provide a forward facing snowblower in lieu of backing up. Can anyone help to identify this manufacturer?

Perhaps something something is what you are looking for.

http://www.opico.co.uk/linkage/linkage_intro.htm

Tractor Front Linkage and PTO Photo Gallery

http://www.lorenzmfg.com/front_mount_kits.htm

Last edited:
   / PTO Relocation
Many Thanks to all the responses and information. I have a Mahindra 3510 with that rear facing snowblower / backhoe plus loader. To remove the backhoe in the cold and install the blower is at best a tedious job, plus time consuming. I also have a set of forks and a hydraulic six foot plow so maybe I have too many choices.

Special Thanks to JJ, for providing the information I was looking for. Lorenz was the company I had seen some time ago, I am contacting them now for information.

/ PTO Relocation #15  
Seems I read about a manufacturer which produces a "kit" to relocate or re-position the PTO from rear to front. This design connects off the rear PTO under the tractor to bring power to the front. This would provide a forward facing snowblower in lieu of backing up. Can anyone help to identify this manufacturer?

The following site should help you... It takes the rear mounted snow blower attachment and moves it to the front of the tractor. The power is taken from the rear 540 PTO where a transfer case re-directs it to the front via a shaft that travels under the tractor.

Front Mount Kits

Beware, they are pricey though. I don't not know if they work with Lorenz specific equipment only or if they are universal.

I have an erskine on the front of my JD4500 which is powered from the rear 540 PTO. The darned thing is nearly 14 years old and I think I have put no more than $100.00 of service and repairs in it in that time. And, it has moved alot of snow in the 14 years. Good luck. Roger

/ PTO Relocation #16  
The big difference between Lorenz and Erskine front-mounts is in the rear pto gearbox. The Lorenz pto box uses gears to change the shaft rotation so the blower can be the same whether on the front or back. Erskine's pto box has a chain drive - so their front blower rotates the other way (mirror image chute and fan).

John - the pto box may extend back too much for leaving the backhoe on - it will be close. Erskine is longer than the Lorenz, but narrower. Pic of the Erskine attached. Lorenz pics at Roger's link above.

Attachments

• rearsuport.jpeg
    rearsuport.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,089
  • P1010014655x491.jpeg
    P1010014655x491.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
   / PTO Relocation #17  
What size/model of tractor are you trying to put the snowblower on??

/ PTO Relocation #19  
We have a mid-pto. Is there any other option other than the dealer front mount? It is $1900, but is universal to all front mounted tools.

/ PTO Relocation #20  
We have a mid-pto. Is there any other option other than the dealer front mount? It is $1900, but is universal to all front mounted tools.

Nope, your stuck with OEM stuff for the front (barring options listed above) but $1900 for a front snowblower is NOT a bad price...