PTO shaft safety plastic tube source

/ PTO shaft safety plastic tube source
Update.
Went to 5 or 6 different TSCs on two different trips across all of western NY, no tubes, other than buying the whole thing for $70+. Also managed to catch 2 tractor dealers open, no luck there either. I was ordering some other stuff from Agri Supply, so I chanced 5 bucks and ordered the Eurocardan tube, looks like a match! Better safe than sorry.

/ PTO shaft safety plastic tube source #12  
great deal!

soundguy

/ PTO shaft safety plastic tube source #13  
:laughing:you made 2 trips accross western NY [gas cost] and then end up spending $5 to get a part you aint sure will work when you could have bought the complete unit. for $35. NOW what is wrong with this picture. DUHHHHHH

/ PTO shaft safety plastic tube source #14  
:laughing:you made 2 trips accross western NY [gas cost] and then end up spending $5 to get a part you aint sure will work when you could have bought the complete unit. for $35. NOW what is wrong with this picture. DUHHHHHH

HA! I was thinking the same thing. Even $70 for the entire unit sounds good to me after all that!

Well,
I had the opportunity during 2 mandatory road trips over the last month to pass by some TSCs, which I like to swing thru anyway to see whats on clearance. No extra [gas] expense involved, but I understand some of the skeptics lurking here...Shared results hoping to solve someone else's problem quickly since I didn't find this topic covered anywhere else and I don't want to read about the alternative in the safety forum!
In this case, I wasn't in a hurry to get this one running and between me and my neighbor we have about 25 PTO shafts so I assumed the part ordered would come in handy. Thanks for pointing out what an idiot I must be.....its a great forum let's keep it that way.

/ PTO shaft safety plastic tube source #16  
now now calm dowm Marty just poking fun at you and no I"m sure you"re no idiot. zman:D

zman,
if I had read your post AFTER my morning coffee I probably would have let it go unanswered.... On the serious side, Carter Machinery's $35 price wasn't bad, but before I spent $70+ for the TSC plastic sleeve, I'd spend $99 for whole new shaft with sleeve ad set the other one aside for parts. I wish the TSCs up here had the selection some of the others reported.
I do hope that for $5 plus a couple bucks shipping that nobody leaves one in poor condition.
On the plus side I did score 2 six inch polyurethane wheels off the TSC clearance rack, orig $32, marked down to $3 ea.
So after I put the driveshaft back together......
Marty

/ PTO shaft safety plastic tube source #18  
Well,
I had the opportunity during 2 mandatory road trips over the last month to pass by some TSCs, which I like to swing thru anyway to see whats on clearance. No extra [gas] expense involved, but I understand some of the skeptics lurking here...Shared results hoping to solve someone else's problem quickly since I didn't find this topic covered anywhere else and I don't want to read about the alternative in the safety forum!
In this case, I wasn't in a hurry to get this one running and between me and my neighbor we have about 25 PTO shafts so I assumed the part ordered would come in handy. Thanks for pointing out what an idiot I must be.....its a great forum let's keep it that way.

Wish you didn't take offense, I didn't mean to be that way. This is by far the most friendly forum I have been on... and don't want to change that!