PTO shaft TX1240

/ PTO shaft TX1240 #11  
Hi Mitch,
Thanks for the excellent photos. There's no cover over mine (by design) though as you say it will need an extension to be usable, plus part of the front end loader bracketery fouls access to it.

I see it has a toothed drive belt, is it a Vee belt or a timing belt?

Hi, hope your doing well, the belt runs the alternator, the water pump, and the crankshaft, so I guess it would be a timing belt? The crankshaft portion, it the wheel that has the pro attachment on it it. It is designed for running a front PTO, so it will not harm the engine if you use it, it how they powered the mowers that were sometimes sold with the tractors. As far as the rear dual wheels, I would imagine that you could take one set off, and then you would have a spare set when you need it. I looked in my manual, and if he used Iseki parts to attach the second wheel on each side, then it is pretty easy to remove one set. You could also put turf tires on one set if you wanted to have a set to drive on your lawn with. My Ag tires tear up my lawn, and leave terrible divits when it is wet, and then my wife gets angry, So I have to be careful where I drive. You could probably find a Roll Over Protection set up in the UK fairly easy, since there are a lot of Iseki TX's around. Well, a lot more than we have in the US. The ROPS that I bought were manufactured in Australia, and they sell them in the UK, in Bedfordshire, through Minitrac, or Yenibiz, in Belgium. Hercules ROPS - Europe

/ PTO shaft TX1240
Hi, hope your doing well, the belt runs the alternator, the water pump, and the crankshaft, so I guess it would be a timing belt? The crankshaft portion, it the wheel that has the pro attachment on it it. It is designed for running a front PTO, so it will not harm the engine if you use it, it how they powered the mowers that were sometimes sold with the tractors. As far as the rear dual wheels, I would imagine that you could take one set off, and then you would have a spare set when you need it. I looked in my manual, and if he used Iseki parts to attach the second wheel on each side, then it is pretty easy to remove one set. You could also put turf tires on one set if you wanted to have a set to drive on your lawn with. My Ag tires tear up my lawn, and leave terrible divits when it is wet, and then my wife gets angry, So I have to be careful where I drive. You could probably find a Roll Over Protection set up in the UK fairly easy, since there are a lot of Iseki TX's around. Well, a lot more than we have in the US. The ROPS that I bought were manufactured in Australia, and they sell them in the UK, in Bedfordshire, through Minitrac, or Yenibiz, in Belgium. Hercules ROPS - Europe

I used to make a lot of competition roll cages for 4x4 off roaders and still have the benders etc. so making one for the Iseki is not an issue, plus my land is fairly flat.

With regards to the dual wheels, the previous owner made his own adaptors using three bits of hex bar threaded either end, then on the sides flat steel welded between them to stop them bending over when under stress. There's already three holes in the wheels to locate the adaptor on which makes the job easy. As for lawn tyres, I have several sets of wheels and tyres from my competition off road days that are not as aggressive as the chevron tyres, so may fit those.

/ PTO shaft TX1240
Bit of a quick update on the front PTO. In an earlier post it was suggested that the front PTO diameter is the same size as the rear, which may be 1-3/8. So far I've not had access to the rear PTO shaft due to the back hoe. However last weekend I modified the front framework to give me clear access to the front PTO shaft, this work has now clearly established the outside diameter to be 1" (25.4mm).

So far I've not found any adaptors for such a small pto shaft, so may have to remove the existing shaft and machine another to fit.

/ PTO shaft TX1240 #14  
Hi,

I do know of an adapter that I think will work. I think that this one should fit perfectly. It is located in the UK. Ferguson Tractor T20 PTO Adapter Sleeve | eBay good to know, I always thought the front PTO was the same size. They sell these adapters here as well, and I may have to try one. Take care!

/ PTO shaft TX1240
Hi Mitch,

The MF sleeve is too big as its for an inch and one eight (1-1/8") where as our shaft is one inch (1"). The shaft is quite simple as shown below
isekipto.jpg
So using an adaptor pto shaft with a more common sized spline I'll machine up a complete new shaft, or at least that's the plan today, just have to see what else I find to convert the size easily.