PTO Slip clutch

/ PTO Slip clutch
Thanks again for all the input. I am aware of the difference and the need for using a over-running clutch on a non-live PTO. My tractor is pretty new and has a live PTO that is engaged via a switch. My concern was probably a little over cautious in wanting to allow a little slippage when the switch engages the PTO. I guess I'm just used to a slow controlled engagement using a foot clutch, the electric operated types seem to be rather abrupt even at idle. as I say though, I tend to be over cautious with such things as the factory setup should be able to handle many thousands of cycles. I'm still going to get a slip clutch though as I like the idea of added protection to the shear pin.

/ PTO Slip clutch #12  
I understand your concern.. however if you had your slip clutch adjusted loose enough to allow slip on startup.. you'd never deliver useable torque thru it for work.

I like mechanically engaged independent pto.. Most give you a 'feather' option.. like my NH 7610S. Just don't feather too much as it leads to pto clutch wear.

Soundguy