Snow Attachments PTO snow blower

/ PTO snow blower #1  

crown

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-7500
I own a B-7500 and I spotted a rear PTO driven snow blower connected to a B-7300. Does anyone know anything about this type of implement, do they work well and what price should one expect to pay. I did not have time to talk to the dealer, however the unit seems in good shape. Any info would be much appreciated.
Expecting more snow, Crown

/ PTO snow blower #2  
crown,

A search on 3pt snowblowers will show many threads on the subject. If you can backup for the length you need to blow out they work well. Here's a link to a recent thread on pricing;
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=82931&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=owning&Number=82931&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1</A>

Enjoy,
Michael

/ PTO snow blower #3  
crown,

As Michael suggested, you'd probably have your day cut out for you reading the threads related to 3ph snowblowers. The quick-and-dirty is that personally, I wouldn't remove snow any other way. Mind you, I don't bother doing it unless there's 3" or more.
Cost for a brand new 54" Pronovost Puma I just got in December was 1700$ Candian - I guess that's about 1200 US.
Hope this helps,

/ PTO snow blower #4  
Crown:
I have one wouldn't give it up for nothin else. My drive is half concrete & gravel, about 250 yd's long, parking lot form house to garage is100' by 50'. Also have the Fel to play with to, on the gravel part of the drive I angle the shoot so the snow blow's down in the ditch that way if I pick up rock's they would go flying thur the air and hit somebody or something/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Camshaft in Pa.

/ PTO snow blower #5  
I recently got a 74" blower for my Kioti DK45 and have already used it several times this year. I clear a 1/4 mile gravel driveway that gets extensive drifting making it hard to plow. If there is just a bit of slush on the driveway I just blade it, otherwise I use the blower. Because my driveway is gravel I run it on skids and tilt it up a bit so as not to blow the gravel as a result it leaves about 1/4 inch of snow on the ground. The cost for a 74" Allied snow blower (purchased with my tractor - it was discounted) was $1600.

/ PTO snow blower
Sounds like what I'm looking for I have a 100 ft paved drive, I'll go by the dealer tomorrow and get a price quote and ask for a demo.
Thanks for the info.

/ PTO snow blower #7  
<font color=blue>Sounds like what I'm looking for I have a 100 ft paved drive</font color=blue>

For 100 ft, I'd be inclined to save the money and go for a rear blade instead, unless you regularly get dumped on with heavy snow.

/ PTO snow blower #8  
<font color=blue>For 100 ft, I'd be inclined to save the money and go for a rear blade instead</font color=blue>

Call me extravagant, but I don't think my driveway is more than 20' X 20' /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif. I also have another 50' x 6' feet to clear from the driveway to the house.

I hear a lot of people professing the merits of the rear blade for moving snow, but I really don't understand. I am having a hard time visualising. To me, unless the path that you are trying to clear is elevated, angling the blade to one side isn't going to help. I'd much rather blow mine into the next county. This year is quite an exception, but usually it only takes about 2 or 3 snowfalls before the banks are chest high.

/ PTO snow blower #9  
<font color=blue>merits of the rear blade for moving snow... To me, unless the path that you are trying to clear is elevated, angling the blade to one side isn't going to help... This year is quite an exception, but usually it only takes about 2 or 3 snowfalls before the banks are chest high.</font color=blue>

That's why I said to go with a rear blade <font color=red>"unless you regularly get dumped on with heavy snow"</font color=red>.

Crown has a 100 ft paved driveway in Winchester, VA. That's a far cry from where you are in Ontario. I believe Winchester is in the mountains, so maybe I'm off base in my recommendation. Maybe he does regularly get dumped on with snow. If so, then yes, a blower is a great way to go. If not, I'd still go with the rear blade, and on those rare occasions where you get a heavy snowfall, just push it back from the edge with the blade or the FEL. More work, but if it doesn't happen very often it's not a big deal, and you can use the $$ for other toys ... er ... useful attachments.

/ PTO snow blower #10  
I own a rear blade and it rarely gets used. Small snow, big snow - the blower is the way to go for me. The tractor gods will strike me down, but even if it only snowed once in a while, I'd buy a second hand, walk-behind model before I resorted to using the rear blade.

By the way, it's Quebec - not Ontario.