PTO snowblower

/ PTO snowblower #11  
Adrian, that's a neat setup. Did you modify an existing blower or buy it like that? Tell us more :) Looks like your chute is a hand crank, any thoughts to adding an electric motor like from a windshield wiper or power windows motor?

/ PTO snowblower #12  
Second the rear blade. A FEL is not a good tool for snow removal because you can not angle off the snow.

Chris

/ PTO snowblower #13  
Half the fun is building it. I had intentions of taking 2 lawn tractor type blowers, mounting them side by side on the front of my old Allis B and running a pto shaft to the front to power them. It would work on the back too. Then, I ran across a 5' Cub front mounted blower and mounted it all up, fired it up and found out the hard way that Cub pto's run backward of everybody else. Made a neat little snow sucker though. I never reversed the direction or built the dual blowers because I bought a 100 hp 4 wd massey with 7' rear blower that when time allows will be moved to the front.
Smiley

/ PTO snowblower #14  
Adrian, that's a neat setup. Did you modify an existing blower or buy it like that? Tell us more :) Looks like your chute is a hand crank, any thoughts to adding an electric motor like from a windshield wiper or power windows motor?

about the chute adjustment,we now design a hydraulic motor or cylinder to rotate and adjust the chute and discharge part.:D
B3030%20003.jpg

drawing.JPG

Image20091102175932-001.JPG

Image20091102180754-001.JPG

/ PTO snowblower #15  
I am all about building it yourself. A BX1500 can't be more them 38-40 inches wide. I can envision a 30" walk behind with 4-6 inch wings. I run my homemade blower at 540RPM which is plenty. Your Kubota likely has 2spd rear PTO 540\1000. If you go with a blade you will need to install sliders if your driveway is gravel or uneven like a truck mount plow. Also snow plowing works better at speed and backing up fast has its own issues. Since you have a FEL, you could look at a 60" ATV plow mounted to the bucket. (But then you will want to buy a rear blade for summer dozing)