PTO sprayers (2 questions)

/ PTO sprayers (2 questions) #11  
I have Fimco 60 gal 3 point with a Hypro pto pump and am very happy with it so far. I run the tractor at about 1400 rpm and adjust the valve to about 20-25 psi. It has an internal bypass so the solution stays mixed and a 10' boom and 25' hand sprayer. My only complaint so far is the paint on the frame and boom uses no primer and it fell off pretty quick.

/ PTO sprayers (2 questions) #12  
I bought a 3 point 110 gal boomless one recently that was made by Schaben Industries. I haven't used it much yet but am impressed so far. They have a plant in Newton, KS which is close to Wichita. I ordered mine through a JD dealer but I think you can also buy direct from Schaben.

/ PTO sprayers (2 questions) #13  
   / PTO sprayers (2 questions) #14  
I have recently decided to purchase a PTO operated sprayer. I have enrolled some of my land in a TPWD native grass restoration program. It calls for spraying improved pasture to kill out the bermuda and bahia grass so that native grass can be planted this fall. I am putting in 25 acres this year and may do so each year for the next several years. I also have the occasional need to spray fencerows etc. I will need the sprayer to have a spray wand as well as fold out booms. I have never used a sprayer before. I will be using a Ford 7710 or a NH TB110. Here are my questions:

1) trailer or 3 pt. (what tank capacity)??

2) what are some good brands (USA only please)??

I purchased a 55 Gal hand wand unit from these folks and have been happy.

Ag Spray Equipment - Farm, Lawn, Garden, Spot Sprayers, Parts, Pumps, and Tanks

I custom made a dual 55 gal pto pump operated unit

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/143121-re-build-spray-rig.html

Welcome to The Accuspray Emporium were Smiles are Free was a good source for parts of all types needed to put it together - very helpful folks.

/ PTO sprayers (2 questions) #15  
Thanks for all the good info guys! This is one of my next projects so I am listening carefully.

/ PTO sprayers (2 questions) #16  
I have recently decided to purchase a PTO operated sprayer. I have enrolled some of my land in a TPWD native grass restoration program. It calls for spraying improved pasture to kill out the bermuda and bahia grass so that native grass can be planted this fall. I am putting in 25 acres this year and may do so each year for the next several years. I also have the occasional need to spray fencerows etc. I will need the sprayer to have a spray wand as well as fold out booms. I have never used a sprayer before. I will be using a Ford 7710 or a NH TB110. Here are my questions:

1) trailer or 3 pt. (what tank capacity)??

2) what are some good brands (USA only please)??

Sounds like the pasture spraying is a one-time preparation spray for the planting of each field, and no maintenance sprays. If that's the case you might consider hiring that out.
Then purchase like a 50-100 gallon 3 pt sprayer with a wand for the fence rows, or even hire that out too if it's so infrequent.
Something to consider.