PTO Switch Safety Problem

/ PTO Switch Safety Problem #1  
Tractor
Kubota L3200HST with LA524 Loader, Quick Connect; Loaded R4 Tires
I was running my RCR1860 today and when I went to push the clutch in and disengage the PTO it did not stop (although it seemed to slow down). This happened multiple times. In fact, when I stood up the seat interlock did not engage and the PTO kept running.

It looks like there is some kind of cable adjustment to the PTO lever. Can anyone give me some guidance on what to do to fix this problem?

I may have caused the issue recently. When I bought the tractor a year ago the top link was affixed to the middle hole. It seemed to work fine but I noticed in my manual it said that for bush-hogs the top link should be affixed to the bottom hole. I also lowered the rear wheel one bolt hole, figuring it would be appropriate to keep it somewhat level, with the front edge about 1 inch lower than the rear of the bush-hog.

Any ideas?

/ PTO Switch Safety Problem #2  
Today I idled down then dusengagrd the PTO before pulling into the shop & shutting down. As I was closing the door to the shop the rotary cutter was still spinning a bit.

There is a LOT of stored energy there spinning, especially with little drag. Idling down before disengaging the PTO will slow it down a lot, but not all the way. I wouldn't try shutting the engine down to stop the cutter. Bad things lurk when the oil & hydraulic pumps aren't pumping but things are spinning.

Hitting the clutch or disengaging the PTO won't slow things down at all, it just stops pumping in power. Friction & drag will take their sweet time to slow or stop things.

/ PTO Switch Safety Problem #3  
What link is used will have no affect on the PTO. It will determine the amount of lift and drop on the back of the mower. Using the lower link hole will cause the back of the mower to raise a bit higher when lifting and allow the back of the mower to drop further into a low spot when mowing. The top link hole gives more control and keeps implements closer to level when lifting. I use the middle link hole for the mower and the top link hole for the box blade or rake. Like Fallon said there is a lot of inertia in the rotating mower and it will take it time to stop. I always idle down before disengaging the mower and it can still take over a minute for the mower to stop rotating.

/ PTO Switch Safety Problem #4  
I was running my RCR1860 today and when I went to push the clutch in and disengage the PTO it did not stop (although it seemed to slow down). This happened multiple times. In fact, when I stood up the seat interlock did not engage and the PTO kept running.

It looks like there is some kind of cable adjustment to the PTO lever. Can anyone give me some guidance on what to do to fix this problem?

I may have caused the issue recently. When I bought the tractor a year ago the top link was affixed to the middle hole. It seemed to work fine but I noticed in my manual it said that for bush-hogs the top link should be affixed to the bottom hole. I also lowered the rear wheel one bolt hole, figuring it would be appropriate to keep it somewhat level, with the front edge about 1 inch lower than the rear of the bush-hog.

Any ideas?
Raise the cutter, drive over some heavy brush engage the PTO, push in the clutch, lower the cutter. It should stop spinning quickly. :thumbsup:

On my mowing machine, If I come off of the seat with the deck engaged, the safety switch kills the engine. Don't know what your tractor is supposed to do.