3-Point Hitch PTO WEED WACKER

/ PTO WEED WACKER #1  

kubota tony

Tractor
B3200 HST KUBOTA
Can anyone suggest a pto driven weed wacker ? I can use on a Kubota B3200 , Getting tired of walking and standing while weed wacking.

/ PTO WEED WACKER #3  
Here's me changing things again. I just watched the video in the link you posted. I would change the trimmer string to a mower blade and install a stump jumper to control digging into the dirt. At that point it would probably be wise to install a guard too.

/ PTO WEED WACKER #4  
I didnt know these existed. While a bit spendy, it sure looks like a labor saver.

I noticed they have options for plastic blades and perhaps a metal blade.

Rather than spend $900 or so this year, I'm going to try roundup along the fence and see how that goes. But if it doesnt work well for me, I'll consider this.

/ PTO WEED WACKER #5  
I didnt know these existed. While a bit spendy, it sure looks like a labor saver.

I noticed they have options for plastic blades and perhaps a metal blade.

Rather than spend $900 or so this year, I'm going to try roundup along the fence and see how that goes. But if it doesnt work well for me, I'll consider this.

If you go with RU, make sure to get the good stuff they make that lasts an entire year. Otherwise you'll be back at it in a couple months.

/ PTO WEED WACKER
The Dr is the only pto driven weed wacker I see advertise. Can you weed wack close to young fruit trees and not damage them ? You said it fussy on bumps, it scalp lawn on bumps ? I have a small diversion ditch, will it weed wack on angles as it claims ? Did you see it at a dealer before buying ? I am not far at all from your area, so a dealer near by would be worth my time before buying, I hate buying with out seeing. Thanks for your time. TONY

/ PTO WEED WACKER #9  
Even cheaper... Vinegar also works well as a weed killer.

And less likely to have the DEP or DNR on your case... I'm no tree hugger but I'm not gonna dump brake fluid out on the ground like that.

/ PTO WEED WACKER #10  
The Dr is the only pto driven weed wacker I see advertise. Can you weed wack close to young fruit trees and not damage them ? You said it fussy on bumps, it scalp lawn on bumps ? I have a small diversion ditch, will it weed wack on angles as it claims ? Did you see it at a dealer before buying ? I am not far at all from your area, so a dealer near by would be worth my time before buying, I hate buying with out seeing. Thanks for your time. TONY
We bought direct (was actually shipped to our dealer as they have a forklift).
It works fine on angles, the bumps/scalps thing is due to how it mounts, here is a picture of how it sits on the tractor:
Mower.png
It pivots on the blue circle and its tire (also blue). If you hit a high or low spot with the tire, it will move the cutter up or down ~twice as much as the bump.
If there is a bump up in the cutting area (but not under the cutting head) it is liable to scalp.
If your trees are young, I wouldn't try to have it "swing back" to cut right around the tree. I snapped off three fenceposts in our pasture last year when I got a little too close with it (they were partly rotten).
I found that our B7500 with the loader off, the throttle about halfway up and the PTO in the 1000 RPM setting worked well. That still had the PTO spinning around 540RPMs, but let the tractor go a little slower and doesn't use as much fuel.

Aaron Z