PTO will not engage after striking rock

/ PTO will not engage after striking rock #11  
You are so welcome and I'm happy to hear the good news !!

Mickey called it on the solenoid, I was thinking damage to the gear box on the deck or shear bolt but overall its an easy machine to trouble shoot. You have access to everything and its simple to tear down. The PTO is a good design and does not slip under wet conditions (I use the blower in the winter). The racheting vacuum effect works well under all conditions. The solenoid is a weak link as we all found out /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Duc

/ PTO will not engage after striking rock #12  
Joe, glad to hear the tractor is back running again and all is right with the world so to speak.

Lots of people here trying to help out. Sometimes it difficult to diaignose from afar. Sometimes we get lucky.

/ PTO will not engage after striking rock #13  
have cub cadet 3235 and pto belts wont engage well have new ones tommarow any other sugestions

/ PTO will not engage after striking rock #14  
The 3235 has a vacuum engaged PTO clutch. Vacuum is applied to a diaphragm via a small hose. Is the engagement arm moving at all or attempting to move? An air leak, disconnected hose, bad diaphragm or control can cause engagement to fail.

Bob B.

/ PTO will not engage after striking rock #15  
Yes the vacuum actuator engages all the way the break not engaged but belts don't engage

/ PTO will not engage after striking rock #16  
If the idler pulley is moving with the actuator against the belts but the PTO doesn't run, the belts have to be broken, stretched, or have slipped off the pulleys somewhere. Either that or I'm missing something here.

Bob B.

/ PTO will not engage after striking rock #17  
If the idler pulley is moving with the actuator against the belts but the PTO doesn't run, the belts have to be broken, stretched, or have slipped off the pulleys somewhere. Either that or I'm missing something here.

Bob B.
yea it was the belts they wete worn out put new one's on yesterday works like new thanks